Epilogue

Standing by the ocean, the smell of the salt water filled my scenes. The sound of the waves soothed me in ways I couldn't understand. The sand beneath my feet was warm as the sun was beginning to set.

Looking out the open waters for I had a urge to cross the waters, but I didn't know how. There was no boats. And it didn't seem like one was coming too.

Peeking over to my left an older woman, hunched over resting her hand on her back started walking on the walk. It was like she walking it, like it was nothing. Like there was an invisible glass floor on top of the water, but you could see the ripples form under her feet.

Watching her slowly walk further, I glanced down at the sand as the water came on to shore showing my reflection. Lifting one foot forward then the other, the urge to cross grew stronger.

"Are you really giving up," Aunt Edea's voice echoed in my hear over the waves. Spinning around on my heel, she was here. Aunt Edea was really here. With her arms folding over her chest she grimly glared at me. "So your not that far gone yet," she said then smiling slightly.

"Aunt Edea," was all I could muster up before looking around. I knew I was on a beach but it looked like an Island. Behind Aunt Edea people would appear in front of the trees and slowly walk up, approaching the water, to only then walk over the water to cross. But no one was paying attention to anyone but what was a head. "Where are we?" I finally asked.

"You are in a place were the dead cross over, if you want to be straightforward. People who go into an coma are sometimes underwater and people like you, who have a chance, whos not yet gone will stay until they can no longer. But everyone crosses at some point."

"Then why are you here? How do you know this?"

"People like your mother and I, born human with a vampire parent come here, at times. I don't know why we do but we do. It doesn't mean we're dead or anything, but... what was getting at?" she asked rubbing her head.

"It's okay Aunt Edea, I got it."

"Good because I didn't," she laughed nervously diverting her eyes behind me. Following her gaze I looked out to the ocean, thinking how nice it would be to cross. I would be lying if I said it wasn't calling to me. It was, literally it was. I could a voice so soothing, so calm and warm. "Your not going to cross are you. If you can see and hear me, it means you have a chance to come home."

"What's the point, I didn't choose a mate and if I go back, I would only have a short bit with all of you," bowing my head in disappointment. I couldn't stand myself for what I have done. To Anthony. To Solomon. To everyone.

God I even killed Melantha and I still remember when everyone surrounded me, but one. David, behind everyone, he was on his knees by his mother's side crying. Know David had to live with the memory of a person who promised to protect him and watch that person not save but kill his own mother. And it was all my fault.

Aunt Edea rubbed the make of her head with a uneven laugh, "About that, with your Mother's combat skills and your Aunt Ray's threats, your so called mates became pussy's and agreed to be both your mates."

"What?"

"Yeah, when Solomon woke up he and Ray explained to Anthony about what was going on while they were explaining it to your parents. And that didn't go well," she laughed. "But anyway, Anthony told Solomon to back down as a mate. Anthony's reason was he was able to protect her and him, plus it would be wired for to friends to share a soulmate. But your mother and Aunt Ray told them no that the both of them were to be your mates. So to end this story they are waiting for you to wake up."

"And mom? Is she going to come here if I don't"

"No, When your mother turned into a vampire she has been unable to come back. I don't know why," she shook her head, "but you are coming back aren't you?" she asked raising an eyebrow. Afraid to look at her, I was really thinking about not coming back just a moment ago while looking out to the sea. For all I did would it really be best that I go? What a coward I am, I thought nearly laughing at my self.

"What ever you decide, for what it's worth. We are waiting for you. So is that child."

"David?" I asked surprised snapping my head towards her.

"He hasn't left your side since your mother took him in. He really cares for you."

"Why," I was confused. The person who killed his mother, he was worried about. Or did he want to kill me out of revenge. The boy was only eight years old, and going through as he has, dose he even understand what had happen that night.

"You promised him a family, that you would be his family. And right now that boy is blaming himself for what happened to you."

"Why, he... he didn't do anything," I was ready to yelled at the top of my lungs, that how upset I was about this.

"Children have a way of blaming themselves for thing, 'If only I didn't run into her', 'if only I wasn't boy this would have never happened,'" she said turning around and started walking toward the trees. "Come home River, everyone is waiting for you," slightly turning her head towards me, then forward.

Facing her, I let my head fall watching the water hit my feet. Looking over my shoulder I could still hear the voice of the ocean calling my name.

                                                         ***

Moaning, I opened my eyes, staring at a white ceiling. Home. I'm home. Using my elbows to lift myself up, I gentle rested my back on the bed bored. Body aching, I had not idea what had dreamed about but for some reason I felt relived somehow and it was a good feeling too.

Next to me I felt a warm body laying by myside. Glancing at the little body it was David. He was curled into a ball holding one of my leather cuff I would wear to cover my scare on my wrist. With a gentle smile I placed a hand over the boys head, smoothing his hair way from his face. While doing so I looked at my wrist, even though I killed Melantha a part of her was always with us. Hunting us, if it was the scars she placed on us, the fear, the abuse, her undying words that still leave left a stain would always be with us. But maybe she will slowly fade from our memories, no longer hunting us like they have for the past eight years.

"Your up," Solomon spoke by the door as Anthony slipped into the room.

"I didn't hear the door open," said a little unsure if I wanted to see them right now or not.

"Well," he said shyly. "We slipped out for amount since your Aunt thought it was best to let you wake up."

"Aunt Edea," I smiled knowing it had to have been here.

"Your at Anthony's," Solo said cheerfully as he came to the side of the bed and sat. Anthony stood by the end of the bed glaring down at the floor.

"Anthony," I called patting the bed. Nodding his head but still facing down he walked over and sat where I patted on the bed. Sitting down I took his hand in mine and looked at both an the men who sat on the same side of the bed.

"I'm sorry. I didn't tell you. I couldn't choose and I couldn't pick both because I knew you both would not agree. I though I was making the best option for all of us," Anthony was ready to say something while he finally looked at me but placed a single finger on his lips to hush him. "I love you both and I know I treat you both different but my feelings for you both with not change."

"We know," Anthony spoke taking a hold of my finger on hid lips, into his, and kissed it. "We come to realized that and have agreed that we both will not give you up. For anything," he whispered the last word sending shivers done my spine.

Solomon picked his lumberjack self off the bed to get closer to myside as he got on his knees. "That's was Anthony and I accept to be both your mate, if you accept of course," he smiled raising his hand to rubbing his thumb against my cheek, not realizing I was crying.

"Yes, I do. I do," I smiled back crying.