Chapter 14

Solomon came to the door, knocked and said, "I'm coming in." He didn't wait for me to answer as he opened the door, letting himself in. "It took him forever to leave," he whispered making his way to the side of the bed with a try in his hand. Inhaling the scent of sausage and potatoes, I almost rolled my eyes to the back of my head from how good it smelled to me. "How are you feeling?" he asked placing the tray on the nightstand.

I watched his hands leave the tray and slowly move towards my neck. "Right, let's see that neck again," he spoke softly. With his fingers brushing against the bandages, a shiver ran down my spine making me shake my butt from side to side.

Slowly unwrapping it, I felt the cool air on my bare skin on my neck. "Your skin is red but healed, I bet by tomorrow morning you'll be find. It's a good thing you're a werewolf it would have taken you weeks to heal."

He took the bandage that was around my neck and folded it up. Watching him, "Thank you. For everything." I spoke softly watching his hands.

"It's my job but why didn't you just turn back into your human form. I wouldn't have made you eaten that dog food." He smiled titling his head back, looking at me.

I blushed remembering the horrible moment. "I was told you didn't know about us by Nina."

"Ah," he said shaking his head up and down. "Well now I can see why. I'm just so use to Anthony and Lucy changing in front of me I just assume that others like them would so the same. But because I'm human and only those two know that I know, I can see why."

"I wouldn't have transform in front of you regardless if you knew about us or not," I wasn't lying. Rubbing my thumb over the chain-like scar on my wrist, I just wanted to change back. That or put some clothes on at least.

"Why not," he asked leaning towards me. Making eye contact, his eyes burned into mine. My heart skipped a beat. I broke our eye contact, feeling heat rush to my cheeks.

"Because only my true mate is allow to see me like this." It was embarrassing just thinking about it.

"I thought you guys are used to all that." He leaned, scratching his head.

"No. Where I'm from, we going through what's called a mating ceremony. It's when all the eighteen year olds shift for the first time burning the full moon. Then all of us run into the forest to the mating grounds were we meet our mate."

"Oh, so you don't have that wolf spirit that whispers in your ear telling you that 'this person is you mate'?"

"No," she said bring her eyebrows together. "When we meet our mate, they will call out our name without knowing it and we'll transform into our human form."

"Your... real name."

I couldn't look him in the eye when I nod my head. When I explained it, the mating ceremony, I just realized why I was in this form. I really did find my mate. Deep I side I was sad because I didn't want this to happen until I finished my mission. But yet I was happy at the same time.

"Someone called out you name?" he asked slowly, leaning towards me again. I nod my head. "What is it, your name?"

Slowly drifting my eyes towards him, I swallowed a little of my saliva before I spoke, "River."

Sorry for the short chapter but I have been working on multiple chapters for different stories and I just wanted to get at least a chapter out to you this week if I forget.

Thank you for reading you guys. I'm hopping your enjoying the story so far. So what do you think of the chapter, because I smell a love triangle. I wonder how this will play out?