C H A P T E R - S I X T E E N

Numbness..
We don't feel anything..
We don't even know what time it is.. only that he comes when it's the afternoon.
So I guess it's midday?
It's so dark in here. The only light thing in this monochrome room was the dangling bulb showing the array of, once harmless, tools to carve the 'happy lines' into my pale skin.
Mad has been using torture as a device to separate me and Jack. He has gotten close but it never really worked. We just look like skin ripping apart into two entities, each going to the opposite side. But, like gravity, we get pulled back into the monstrous creation we are now.

"Jack.. How long have we been here...?" I ask breathlessly.

"About, a couple of weeks at most. Why do you care? We are going to be here until Mad kills us out of frustration." Jack half sighs as our lungs feel like they are trapped by a iron grasp. Jack is losing all hope of survival while I'm holding on. For Dark. People either don't realize we exist or they desperately try to be happy. Either way no one has ever been merged and lived to tell a tale."Has there ever been stories on this?" Jack asks as a happy tone returns to his monotone voice. "Like, at least one demon has had to gone through this kind of scenario. Right?"

"The only tale that has been told was to scare baby demons to get them in line. Nothing more nothing less." I reply, ruining Jack's moment of hope parade. "Unless it wasn't..." I rack my brain for the memory of that day. The day I decided to step out of line with Dark. That's right. I stepped out of line and ruined half the town with him. Killing someone in the process.

~Flash back~

"I don't think this is a good idea Seany. I know we want to be rebels and all but this is too far." Dark warned me as his dark self trembled with fear. He has never disobeyed his father, or any high demon in our realm once. He was too scared. Now with my amazing plan I can unleash his inner anger and rage. I've never seen it but I want to. I need to.

"Remember to call me Anti when we do this Dark! I don't want to get in trouble, if we do, and ruin my family's name. Okay! So do you have the weaponry?" I ask as my forked tongue slips out my mouth and falls limp as I wait for Dark. He shoves a couple of knives in front of me and nods.

"Please go over the plan again.. Anti." He hesitates to say my new name and I say our plan once again. We were going to wreak havoc in the 17th ward and MAYBE kill a demon who was bullying Dark. He sighs and locks his eyes on a nicely curved blade.

"You like?" I ask with a eyebrow raised. Dark was always scared of knives and such. Now he's admiring a very sharp and very delicate one?
"Uh.. I.. Y-Yeah.. I like this one. May I?" Dark asks me as he creeps closer to the array of weapons. I grab it firmly and stab the air before dropping it in Dark's hands. "All yours bub."

I quickly grab one and rush around the realm. We are running out of time. Dark follows closely behind me as we make it to the 17th ward. Just as I imagined it, fancy with blood on the side. Our realm has never been pretty, with blood decorating almost every wall in the lower wards. But this one was.. polished. Perfect for two 13 year old demons to destroy. I stop Dark and I to marvel at the street. A few demons walking by but most inside forgetting about any duties they once had. I step forward, onto the resurfaced roadway and breathe in that useless air.

"It's time Darky. Time for you to unleash your rage demon!" I call as I jump behind me to see Dark slowly walking away, fear playing his features. "Aw come on Dark! Are you going to let that punk beat you until you're just a piece of blood to regenerate?! No! We are going to give this twat a taste of his own medicine!" I cheer and turn back to our target.

I hear shuffles of footsteps and see tears of red run down Dark's face. Red tears. Red tears mean he's angry right? He clenches the knife I handed him tightly before charging forward and slams his fists into the wood supporting to each and every house. After coming down from my shock I jolt into action and join him by punching the windows and doors to the houses he hasn't mashed into pieces yet. One house by one, we slowly make it to his bully's house.

Standing still next to Dark, I he him breathe in a rushed state before crumbling the pavement underneath his shoes as he walked menacingly towards the guy's house. I calmly walk behind him, awaiting to see his reaction. Dark huffs as his eyes blare a hateful red. While my eyes glow a venomous green. Dark walks up the dusty steps and punches the door off it's hinges to fly into the house. We hear whimpers and cries as we walk around the house. Once we walked into his room, our knives glowed black in anticipation. Dark flickers his eyes to the knife and then back to the boy. He wastes no time and dives the blade into the boy's chest, twisting it slowly for our entertainment. He cackles before slowly taking the knife out to only thrust it back into the boy's chest. He repeated this like it was a daily morning routine.

"Dark.. That's enough. The guy's dead. Let's go before your father finds out!" I warn as I inpatiently tap my foot. Dark cranks his head towards me, only showing me half of his face. His eyes black with crimson red pupils, blood carelessly splattered across his face, his mouth curved into a wicked smile and his grip on the knife tightens.

"But I don't want to leave my toy.~" He says horrifically. It's like the shy demon I met and befriended faded away to reveal this monster. I smile hesitantly and weakly step back, frightened by his change in personality. "Aw..~ Looks like little Anti already got what he wanted. Not what he 'needed'. Well, Sean, I want to get caught. Because it will be fucking fun!~" I cheered as he burst into frightening laughter. Coming down from his crazy high he fully turned to me, smiling at me like a yandere.

"If I'm going to be caught.. You're going to be caught with me!~" I back away timidly into a stiff object. I slowly turn to see I bumped into Dark's father, the Grand duke to our king. I glup all my fear down as I try to stutter a sentence. Dark's father doesn't bother with words and knocks me out cold.

-

I wake up uncomfortably, my hands restricted by what I assume are shackles. I raise my head to see our wimpy king looking down on me, or us. I turn to my right to see Dark already awake and sending his father and the king an irritated look. His eyes are the same, black with red pupils, and the blood covering his body dried and crumbling. I slightly jump away from him, scared as hell. He turns to me in a disapproving tone before scoffing and returning a glare to his father.

"Finally both of you are awake. The commotion you both created was quite a scene," the king started. "Injuries of countless of families and one death of a boy. Please inform me, what was your motive boys?" I hear Dark scoff again before standing and calmly walking towards the king. While I just fade into the background.

"Well, all mighty fucking king, if you must know. I killed him because he's nearly killed me 16 times and I fought I deserved some fucking payback, don't you?" He asks as a smirk plays his lips. Who IS this?! Guards begin to circle Dark as he steps closer to the king.

"Revenge is valid, but not a death penalty. Thus, I conclude punishment to these two." He nods to Dark's father who unlocked his chains and mine. "Punishment, to be forever bonded with a human soul until their death. And that's final!"

The guards and Dark's father drags us out of the king's hall and down corridors until we are met with a bottomless pit inside a designated room. I glance at Dark, who is burning holes into his father's eyes, as his mouth curls into a wicked smile.

"I will come back father. And end your fucking life." dark promises as his father chuckles and faces him.

"Just a warning for you son, don't merge with your counterpart, or you'll regret it. the only way out of it is if you and your counterpart force yourselves apart. Buh-Bye a waste of a son." I dwindle on the advice before screaming my lungs out as I fall down the bottomless pit.

~End of flashback~

"Jack.." I begin as hope bursts into our bodies.

"Yes Anti?"

"I have an idea to separate us."

{1546 Words. Do you like the plot now? Eh? EH?! Also I'm sorry for the MAJOR gap in updates. I've been swarmed with emotional fucking drama that I don't want to say. Hope you will forgive me. Buh-bye!}