Chapter 7: Bet

Mish's POV

The breeze was cold and everything was quiet, nothing but the rustling leaves can be heard.

As I look at the fox-man in front of me.

"Friend?" I said suprised by his statement.

"That's right, we have been friends a very long time ago, when you were still little" he said with a smile.

"I can't remember" I said as he stand up.

"Kikiki, why don't we go back, you're friends are waiting for you" he said and I nod.

***********

We came back to the house to find out that it was all a test.

And that they were four fox-man[I don't really know what to call them, sorry about that. -_-'], a family to be exact, a mother, father, son and a daughter.

"Kikiki, you got us there" the father said as we sat in a row in front of them.

They said how we where able to solve their test, how Leorio did a nice first aid, how smart Kurapika Nii-san was for figuring that this was a test,

how Gon found out that there were two of them and could he distinguish if they were a she or a he and for me having a nice speed, agility and sense of hearing.

"You all pass"the mother said as we all jump with joy.

"What's gonna happen now?" I asked curiously at the fox-man family.

"We will escort you where the hunter exam will be held" the son said.

"Um...about what you said a while ago, is it true?"I said as I look at the fox-man family.

"Yes we're friends, aren't we darlin?" He ask his wife.

"Yes we are, oh you've grown so pretty!" She said as she hugged me tight.

I can feel Gon and the other's shocked face but I shrug it cause I'm in need of oxygen.

"A-air...can't....breathe"I said as she let go "oh sorry honey I just missed you so much!, it's been such a long time since you visit with your grandma"

"My grandma?, can you tell me about her?"

She was shocked at what i have asked and her husband just gave her a knowing look.

Something smells fishy......

"Um..well, she was a caring and loving one" the wife said.

They smell fishy but I ignored it, i was curious about my grandma.

We spent the night talking about eachother.

They would always change the subject if I ask about the past or about my parents.

Why are they hiding it from me? I asked myself as the night goes by.

They flew us to the nearest exam site as I fell asleep while holding the son's feet like the others.

**********

We are now in the city, the son and the father are leading us to the building where the hunter exam will be held and I became more excited as we walked towards a big building.

"Woah" I said in awe as the others looked at it with excitement in their eyes.

The son cleared his throat as we turned to look at him when he pointed towards a steak restaurant that made our smile to a frown.

They lead us inside and told the cook how we would like the steak to be cooked which I guess was the password and then we were led to a room.

"Mi-Chan, good luck and be safe" was the father's last word before they said their good byes.