Chapter 16: Neal

Zacznij od początku

"I'm doing well, thank you. My question is what were you talking to Emma about?"

"Oh... Well I kinda sorta landed her in jail a while back so that she could break a curse when she turns 28... and I didn't want to break her heart so I tried to get her to break up with me. When she wouldn't, I just put her in jail, needing her to hate me for us to really be over."

"So you're Neal then. She spoke of you. Wait a minute, is this the curse the bloody crocodile was talking about that he had cast so he could find you?" I ask, confused.

"That's the one. He won't find me though, I won't let him. Some guy named August, I think he was Pinochio back in our land, but he came to me and explained to me that it's Emma's destiny to break this curse. Her family is there, her parents, even... even our son that she put up for adoption. She thinks I don't know but I do. I'll keep pretending I don't though, I don't want to make her life more complicated. Anyways. He said she had to find some old town in maine or something. I don't really remember. Hey, how come she mentioned me to you? I know she puts up a lot of walls. I mean she said something about a boyfriend but-"

"Aye, that would be me. She doesn't understand why you did what you did, and quite frankly neither do I. Do you know how much pain you put her through by doing that? You did the wrong thing with the right intentions Bae. You should've broken up with her. Instead you put her pregnant and in jail, and she was barely scraping by, living in her car when I hired her at the bar. I'm sorry but if it were me I would have just broken up with her, not put her through even more trauma after all she's been through. You know her past, how difficult it was," I tell him, my fingers tightening into fists.

"Yeah I do. And if I could change how I did what I did, I would do it in a heartbeat. Look I don't want to intervene here, but if I was holding her back from her destiny to break this curse, what makes you think you aren't either?" he asks before walking away. I hope he doesn't return. Emma doesn't need to be burdened with his presence any longer. Bae... it was nice to see him after all these years. He was a good lad, and Milah loved him very much. She'd be happy to see he turned out alright. And now, I must return to my girlfriend.

"Killian! Where have you been?! I am swamped with all these orders I can't handle them without you. Why did you just... leave? You- you didn't even say anything to me, you didn't tell me where you were going or- or what you were gonna do! You didn't tell me anything!" Emma says, upset.

"Whoa, Emma, love, I was just getting some air, what's the big deal?" I ask.

"Seriously? 'What's the big deal?' Killian you left! You left without saying anything for a good half hour and I had no clue where you were, if you were okay, nothing!" I stare at her confused, then take her hand, leading her to the back room.

"Emma this shouldn't be a problem, what's gotten into yo-"

"You left me on my own to handle all of this, all on my own, and the whole time I was worried sick about you! You just left Killian, you left!" she cries angrily. She turns away from me and sits down on the couch, her head in her hands. I kneel down in front of her to look into her tear filled eyes, the tears she refuses to let fall, and I understand. She was just confronted by the man she once loved, the man who abandoned her, and then I left her without warning. It was too much for her.

"Oh, Swan," I say, my eyes softening. Her anger slowly merges with her anxiety, her fear, her sadness. And those tears she held back to try and stay strong finally fall, only because so many more had piled up behind them.

"I thought you'd left me," she whispers, looking away. "I thought- I thought it was happening all over again. Neal had been acting strange, using me, and then one day he just left. Half an hour later the police were there and-" she stops, looking up and blinking quickly to stop her tears from falling. She brings her hands to her face, clearly stressed, and rubs her eyes.