15.

La'Reese POV

Today is the day I finally start my new job and I'm so excited. It's been a week and a few days since I first received it. Up until now I was getting paper work together, taking drug test, and doing training for them. I stayed busy.

And honestly I appreciated it because it kept me from thinking about stuff I had no business worrying about. At this point my main focus was getting this paper so I can continue to be in my own space and most importantly to continue to save up for school.

I have a set schedule for work now which I love. It's 8:00AM to 4:00PM Monday through Friday. Well except Thursday's, it's a half a day for students. They get out at 12:30PM and I get off at 1:00PM .

After making sure I had everything I needed to get my day started I locked up and headed out. While on my way to work I decided to stop at McDonald's to grab me a steak egg and cheese bagel with a hash brown and caramel frappé.

After putting my order in at the first window and pulling up to the second one my phone began to ring so I quickly connected my earpiece to my phone and then answered it.

"Good morning beautiful lady."

" Good morning Hayden."

"How's your morning going so far ?"

"So far so good. I'm at McDonalds right now cause I didn't feel like making breakfast but why you up so early? I thought you said you don't have to be to work until 4 ?"

We've been talking ever since that night at the club. Of course it's nothing serious. We're only friends. My time is spent worrying about me right now and he knows that but I can't act like I don't enjoy our conversations. He's a really sweet person.

"I did say that. I'm up because I wanted to make sure you was good. I know this your first day at your new job

"Aww, how sweet. Thank you for thinking of me."

"No problem gorgeous. I wanted to ask you-." He was saying before I had to cut him off. My mother was calling on the other line.

"Hayden can call you back ? My mother is calling me ."

"Sure love."

"Thanks." I said before clicking over.

"Good morning Reese ."

"Good morning mommy. What you doing ?"

"Making breakfast. I was in the mood for some chicken and waffles with a fruit salad."

" I wish I would've known you was going to be cooking good like that this morning. I would've got up extra early and came over there."

"My bad babydoll. What you eat ?"

"It's cool but nothing yet. I just got some McDonald's. I'm pulling out the drive through now."

"Oh. How's your morning going so far ?"

"Fine. I'm just ready to get this day started so i know exactly what to expect from the other guards and the students. Especially the students. I just hope nobody's child tries me on my first day."

" And they won't. I already prayed on it. You're going to have a day filled with nothing but positivity and greatness."

"Aww, thank you mommy. "