Because Of Dylan

Hi. I know I haven't updated in a long time I'm really sorry. I'll try to update sooner. Also, I want to dedicate this chapter to meh_wutever to make me actually update the book and say that I'm a good writer. I know it took a little time or you know around 2 months, but who's counting? I hope you like the chapter, and Oh ME LORD. The book hit 1k. I'm really shocked. Thank you for everyone who reads this book. I'll let you read now.  
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Opening my eyes I look around the room I'm in. This isn't my room. Where am I? Trying to get up there is a force on my waist not letting me get up. Looking at my waist there's an arm. Starting at the arm my eyes travel up it and up to the person's face. 

Breathing, it's only Dylan. 

Wait, Dylan? 

Oh, yeah. Dylan and I worked on the project last night. He wouldn't let me go home. I think he might actually care.  On second thought I don't believe that's possible. No one care about me. Stupid thought Emma. 

Moving Dylan's arm, which I actually did. Surprising.

Dylan started to move and he opened his eyes. He looked at me and smiled. 

"Good Morning," Dylan said while rubbing his eyes. Awe, He's so adorable. No, Emma do not think that. 

"Morning." 

"How was your sleep?" 

"It was good," Haven knows I'm lying. That was the best sleep I've ever had, "What about you? How was your sleep?" 

"It was the best sleep I've ever had," He said smiling.

"I can tell. You're actually smiling. Which is weird. You never smile. Not at school at least." 

"At school I'm different, but don't we all act differently at school? There's got to be something different about you." 

"No, I'm the same at school and home," Stop lying to him. You act so differently. You're so afraid at home. I'm also afraid at school. That's different; no one is beating to until you bleed. You're right. Duh, I am you after all. 

"I have a feeling that you're lying to me."

"Dylan, I never lie."

"Why are you lying to me right now," Dylan's smile is gone now and he looks angry. 

"I'm not lying. Why won't you believe me?" 

"Never mind Emily. You can just leave. Give me my shirt by Monday. You can finish this project by yourself." 

"Why are you being like this?" I look at him in a quite voice. 

"Last night when I ask you about your dad, you stiffened, flinched, and started to cry. Now, you're telling me that your home life is just the same as school? No, I don't believe that shit. I want the truth, But I can see you don't want to give me the truth. So fucking leave," Dylan said that so harshly. So harshly. Like he doesn't want to be my friend. 

What are you talking about Emily, he hates you. Did you hear what he just said, he HATES you. 

Getting my stuff out of his room. I start to cry a little. Maybe we could have been friends if I actually said the truth, but no one knows what he does. How he abuses me. How my father, my own blood abuses me. 

Putting on my shoes at the front door I quickly walk out. Letting a small tear out. Then another and another. I start running. Gripping on to my stuff as tightly as possible. Letting my feet carry me to where they want. 

Wiping my eyes. I look where I'm at. The cemetery. Mom's cemetery. Walking in the gates of the cemetery my feet carry me where to mom is. 

Dropping my stuff by her grave  I sit down. Looking at her grave I wipe all of the dust off. 

"Hi, mom. I haven't visited you in a long time," a few tears escape my eyes.

"I don't know if you know this but dad is abusing me now. He blames me for your death," Taking a few breaths I keep talking, "I miss you. I bet dad misses you too. He drinks a lot now. Whenever I see him he always has a beer bottle or a whiskey bottle in his hand. He throws them at me. He calles me a whore and says I should leave. Go somewhere else, but I don't have anywhere else to go. His hits are getting bearable. He's not leaving any bruises on my face or arms. Just on my legs, stomach, and back. The places I can hide."

Wiping my eyes, I look at mom's grave. 

"In not so bad news I possibly made a new friend, his name's Dylan. He has a little sister named Natalie. She is really adorable. I played dress up with her. I haven't played that in a long time," smiling at her grave I keep on talking. 

"I think Dylan doesn't like me, though. He seemed a little ticked off with me today. I spent the night with him last night because he was afraid of me not getting home safe. I wouldn't even be safe in my own home. I have not told anyone about dad. I don't think I am going to tell anyone about him. If I do I'm afraid he'll kill me. That won't be such a bad thing. Dying I mean." 

"How is it like dying? Is it painful? Is heaven real? How about hell, or is it just one big space where every soul is placed? Or do you just stay on earth? No heaven hell just staying on earth?"

Looking at the sky, dark clouds are forming, "Bye mom. I'll talk to you later. Love you."

Grabbing my stuff and putting it all in my backpack. I put my backpack on and head out of the cemetery. 

Walking along the sidewalk, rain starts to pour down on me. Running, god I wish I tried to do p.e. Stoping and painting I see a little coffee shop. Crossing the street I quickly shuffle inside the coffee shop. Thank the lord that the thermos is on. 

Looking around the coffee shop, It's small and quaint. Finding a booth I put my stuff by my side and get out my wallet to buy som coffee. 

Getting out 5$ I get up and get in line. 

"What may I get you?" I look up at the person who's taking my order. It had to be Dylan. 

"Can I get a small black coffee?"

"Yea. That will be 4.35. We'll call your name when it's done Emma," Handing him my five I get my change.

"Thank you, Dylan." 

Going back to sit down at my booth. I grab my phone out of my backpack and get on Facebook. Scrolling through the feed. I hear my name being called. 

"Emma." 

Getting up and grabbing my coffee I go back and sit down. Sipping my coffee I get back on my phone. 

"I'm sorry for yelling at you this morning," Looking up from my phone I see Dylan. 

"It's fine. I'm okay. You're okay." 

"Then why does it look like you've been crying," He asked me. 

"I went and saw my mom." 

"Oh, is she okay?" I didn't say anything, "Emma, what happened? It's not like she died or anything. You just saw her," Dylan said with a smile on his face. I didn't smile. 

"She did die." 

"Oh, Emma. I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have said anything about if she was alive or not." 

"It's fine. It happened a long time ago." 

"You say it's fine when you're clearly lying." 

"Dylan it's fine," I drink the last of my coffee, "I better get going, see you on Monday." 

"I'll drive you home. I'm done with my shift." 

"No, it's fine. I'll walk home. Thanks for the offer." 

"Emma, I'm not asking you. I'm telling you. Now, come on. Let's go."