Over the course of a the next few days, I had put a lot of thought into the sentence that was unconsciously written in the back of my notebook. I couldn't decipher whether it was my confused emotions or an actual fact, but I did come to the idea of just letting things flow. I didn't want to think about this or push anything more than it already was, so I decided to let it be. Whether it was going to set off or fade was beyond my knowledge.

But I was quite clear to me that Luke wasn't just messing with me, just playing me. If he was, things wouldn't have slowly been pushed to the spot we are now. It was an on and off thing, sometimes we acted as if our lips have never touched and sometimes we acted as if they have a thousand times. I was beginning to become more and more drawn to him, but I still wasn't sure whether I had loved him or not. I would think that if I did it would've been obvious a long time ago.

"Do you still want to take a nap?" Luke asked, the side of his head resting on mine. One of my cheeks was squished into the couch while the other was squished against him.

"Yes." I whined.

"Me too." He nuzzled his head into me and by this time I'd gotten used to his weight. "Goodnight." He quickly said. I tried to thrash around underneath him, but getting him off that way wasn't helping at all and only made me more tired. I started to attempt to roll over towards the edge of the couch in hopes that he would topple off of me and to the ground.

"Luke," I groaned. No answer. I fidgeted underneath him as I started to lean over the edge and soon enough he was looking for something to stabilize him so he wouldn't hit the ground. He was just a second to late and landed on his back on the carpeted floors with a thud.

"Hey!" He shouted, furrowing his eyebrows together at me. I peered over the edge of the couch, finally able to breathe properly. Before I was able to yell back at him he grabbed my arms and pulled me down on top of him.

I felt a sharp pain in my hip from where Luke's hip and dug into. I noticed a round purple bruise this morning from where I had ran into my desk in the dark last night. I winced from the pain and a wave of worry washed over Luke's face.

"Did I hurt you? I didn't mean to hurt you. I'm so-" He tripped over his words as he spoke, causing a breathy laugh to escape from my lips.

"No, I'm fine. I just bumped my hip into my desk last night." I explained as I went to put my hand over the sore spot, but had felt that Luke's was already lying lightly there, as if his hand was almost hovering over the spot to keep from hurting it once again.

I propped my elbows up on his chest, careful that I wasn't digging too deep into his chest. I leaned my head in my hands and batted my eyelashes a few times down at him. I felt him shift his legs behind me which had made both of us more comfortable, even though there wasn't much comfort on lying on a boy on the carpet.

"Comfortable?" I asked, putting on a cheesy smile and taking in how light his eyes had faded to.

"Not really." He confessed as he peered down at our touching torsos.

"Good." I collapsed back onto him without warning, earning a small groan from him. My ear was pressed right to the center of his chest and was beginning to count his heartbeats but was stopped when I felt myself being lifted of off him.

Luke had grabbed me by my upper arms, dragging me up and off the ground with ease. He took me by surprise and I hadn't even realized what was going on until my feet were planted firmly on the ground. I glanced down and around then back up to Luke who had released his grip on my arms.

"That's not fair." I frowned.

"A lot of things aren't fair." He chuckled, walking into the kitchen. I followed behind him with my arms crossed, something I found myself doing too many times.