Chapter 20-Sick

A/N: I haven't updated in a while . . . again. I've just been stuck on the plot of this book, which probably serves me right for just jumping right into writing this book with a few ideas of what will happen, but no chapter-specific plans. Anyways, I have finally come up with something worth writing about. Note that I'm writing this on my phone (I usually type it up on a computer) and autocorrect hates me, so feel free to comment on any typos and stuff i may have made.

One more question: Is it tedious for you guys to read the exact same chapter in two different points of views? Or do you like the different perspectives? Because I'm thinking of still doing different points of view, but only having one point of view per scene. Comment your opinion. I will try to satisfy the maximum amount of readers.

Without further ado, I give you a briefly edited, Chapter 20.

Bella's POV

Bring! Bring! My alarm woke me with a start. Pulling myself out of bed, I shivered. Why is it so cold?  I wondered. But of course, it's winter in Forks, Washington. What did you expect? I answered myself. Even though I had just woken up, I felt bone-tired. I probably looked a mess.

"Bella! Are you up yet?" I heard my mom yell from the kitchen. 

"Yes." I call back, exasperated. I had turned off my alarm one time, and overslept, but Mom had never let it go. Ever since, she made sure I was up after my alarm rang.

Hoisting myself into my wheelchair with my arms, I wheeled over to the bathroom to see if I looked as bad as I felt. Luckily, I didn't. Despite my hair being a bird's nest and maybe being a little paler than usual, the only hint of being unwell were the bags under my eyes, but they weren't anything that couldn't be covered up with a bit of concealer.

"Bella! Breakfast is ready! You don't want to be late to school!" Tearing my eyes away from the mirror, I carried on with my normal daily morning routine.

---

"Bye Mom, love you, I'll see you in the afternoon." I mumbled, trying to get the goodbyes over with so I could just get to class. My mom was like this every day, even though I was already in high school, she still drove me to school and always had a different way of saying goodbye.

Edward's POV

"Are you okay?" I asked Bella, glancing over at her with concern as she coughed, holding her chest.

"I'm fine." She replied, brushing it off. With that, she turned back to her food, and continued pushing her food around with her fork, but not eating anything.

"At least eat something." I tried to convince her, but she ignored me, obviously not concerned about herself. I let out an exaggerated sigh, knowing that Bella's stubborn nature would not let her give in to my worries, no matter how much I pestered her.

As I looked back at her, I noticed that her skin was even paler than usual, if possible. On a sudden whim, I grabbed her hand, and frowned when I felt how clammy it was. Staring at Bella with a more critical eye now, I could see that she was wearing more layers than usual, her cheeks were flushed, and she was shivering a bit, though it was imperceptible to the human eye. I may not be a doctor like Carlisle, but even I could tell that Bella was sick.

"Let's skip biology. I'll take you to Carlisle and have him check on you." I suggested, pretty certain of what the answer was going to be.

"Edward! We can't just skip classes!" Bella protested, unclasping her hand from mine.

"Well, it's either that or I take you to the nurse's office. She's going to end up sending you home anyways, and then your mom is going to take you to the hospital, so why go through the trouble?" I reasoned. Putting my hand to her forehead, I frowned. Humans were naturally warmer than us, but Bella's temperature was abnormally hot, even for a human, just like I had expected. "You're burning up."

She frowned, pushing my hand away, but I knew that she knew that I was right. "Fine."

I stood up, grabbing Bella's lunch tray and disposing of it. I then took hold of the handles of her wheelchair and started pushing her in the direction of the office to check us out.

"Edward, I can-" Bella began to protest.

"Save your strength." I told her. (A/N: Hamilton, anybody?)