Chapter 16-Normalcy

A/N: Shoutout to @CreativeStoryteller for being the first to vote on Chapter 15! Sorry for the late update, I had a recital all weekend and dress rehearsal last Friday. As usual, not majorly edited, so feel free to point out any mistakes I may have made! 

Bella's POV

"Mom, Edward's going to start picking me up and dropping me off to and from school everyday. Is that okay?" I asked Mom in the most casual tone I could muster.

"So did he ask you to be his girlfriend yet? Is that why?" Mom guessed, a mischievous twinkle in her eye.

"No. Mom" I groaned. "You would be the first one to know if he did."

"Okay honey, if he's going to do that, I might as well get a job. Your father has been so busy lately providing for us . . . " She frowned. I barely saw my father anymore. He would leave early in the morning, before I got up, and arrive back home, late at night, usually after I had gone to bed. He even worked on the weekends.

Just then, a car honked outside. "Bye Mom! Have a nice day!" I said, before grabbing my backpack and wheeling outside. As Edward lifted me into the car, I saw a flash of a short, petite figure with black hair dart back into the forest. Alice. So they really were watching the house at all times. Huh.

I saw people whispering to each other in groups as Edward helped me out of the car. I was too far away to hear them, but judging from the way they were gawking at us and the look on Edward's face, I had a pretty good idea of what they were whispering about. I could feel Jessica's glare boring into my back. Ignoring them, I wheeled into my first period class, just as the bell rang, with Edward by my side.

The rest of school was uneventful, except the constant whispers and stares that accompanied me whenever Edward was by my side, and the fact that Edward had somehow switched classes so that he was in all of my classes.

Edward's POV

I drove over to Bella's and honked. "Bye Mom! Have a nice day!" I heard her shout. As she came out, I saw her glance towards the woods, and Alice dart out of the thicket. Good. I had Carlisle talk with the front office and change all of my classes so I could stay with Bella throughout the day. 

I carried her into the car, folding her wheelchair into the trunk. We drove to school in silence. As I helped Bella out of the car, I could hear the whispers and thoughts of those around me.

Who would want a pathetic handicapped girl like her?

OMG! Bella Swan is dating Edward Cullen! 

He's dating HER?!?!?! Ugh. I'm so jealous. What does she have that I don't?

I was accompanied by to constant buzz of thoughts and whispers like this as I stayed by Bella's side throughout the day.

"So, how'd it go?" Asked Carlisle, referring to our plan.

"So far, so good. No sign of them. They're over the Canadian border now." Alice piped up.

"Okay, then. We'll just go on with what we're doing until anything changes."

Everyone nodded. Even though I still wanted to take Bella far away from here, where James wouldn't find her, I was becoming less worried, and trusted Carlisle's plan a little more each day.

A/N: I'm really sorry that this chapter is so short. I have a question for you readers. Would you prefer for me to just do a bunch of chapters of random, boring, everyday school life, or just skip to the exciting parts. Because I don't want to write a few boring chapters  of everyday life if you guys are going to get bored of it. I'll post the next chapter when I get enough decide what to do.