Chapter 14 - Baseball

A/N: Looking at my schedule, I can hopefully update every weekday until the 25th of June, assuming that I can write a chapter and edit it in a day. This is not very edited, so yeah. Enjoy!

Bella's POV

"Mom, can I go watch Edward and his family play baseball tonight?" I asked, bracing myself for the teasing that was surely to come.

"Of course! His parents will be there, right?"

"Yeah."

"Okay, is he going to pick you up?"

"Yeah."

"What time is your little date?" Mom asked me, a mischievous twinkle in her eye.

"Mom," I groaned, for I had foreseen this coming, "It's not a date. His family is just playing baseball for fun, and he wants me to watch."

"I thought you weren't a sports fan, Bella. Did he do something to persuade you?" She wiggled her eyebrows at me suggestively.

"Mom!" I laughed. "Stop it! You know I love baseball. Have you not noticed me watching to on TV on the weekends?"

"What? I'm just asking a question!"

"All right, that's enough. He's picking me up at 7, so after dinner. I'm going to my room to do my homework." I wheeled into me room as fast as I dared go, hoping to evade any more of Mom's 'questions' until dinner, and locked my bedroom door behind me. Then, I settled down and got my homework done.

---------------- After dinner ----------------

A car honked from outside as I glanced at the clock. 7:00 sharp.

"Is your boyfriend here already?" Mom exclaimed, over the sound of running water as she washed the dishes. "Go, have fun!"

"Mom! How many times do I have to say this, he is NOT my boyfriend. Bye! I'm leaving!" I yelled back as I rolled out the front door.

"Well, he will be soon, so get over it. Anyways, make sure you're back by 10:30, and stay safe!" I heard her yell as I closed the front door. Edward was standing in front of his idle car, smiling, no doubt having heard our conversation.

"You ready?" He asked. I nodded, and he hoisted me out of my wheelchair, into the passenger seat, and folded up my wheelchair to put in the trunk.

Rain was pattering down the windshields, coming down in buckets. A roll of thunder sounded, forewarning the thunderstorm that was to come.

"Are you guys seriously going to play in this weather?" I asked skeptically.

"Of course. It is the only time we can play." Edward stated matter-of-factly.

"I looked at him in confusion. "Why?"

He gave me a sly smile. "You'll see."

We sped down the rain-soaked roads until we reached the edge of the woods. Then, he started to get out of the car when I stopped him. "You guys are playing here?" I asked in confusion.

"Not here," he said with a smile, and gestured towards the woods. "There."

"In the woods?" I asked in disbelief.

"In the woods." Edward confirmed with a nod of his head.

"How are we going to get there?" I peered into the trees, seeing nothing but darkness and trees.