Chapter 15- The Decision

A/N: Hello! Sorry this update was two days late. Oh well, I'll try to update again either tomorrow or the day after. As always, feel free to correct any errors I have made, because this is not really edited. Until next time!

James's POV

"Let's go Laurent, we have intruded on their hospitality too long." I muttered.

"Carlisle, we must continue on our way. We must not linger. We will see you soon, perhaps?" Laurent said to the coven head.

"Yes, yes, of course." The head replied, an almost imperceptible  hint of relief in his voice. With that, we ran back out into the woods, heading back towards Seattle to hunt.

Bella's POV

Once we got to the car, Edward carried me in, and we sped off.

We hit the main road, and though our speed increased, I could see much better where we were going. And we were headed south, away from Forks.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

No one answered. No one even looked at me.

"Edward! Where are you taking me?"

"We have to get you away from here - far away - now." He didn't look back, his eyes on the road. The speedometer read a hundred and five miles an hour.

"Turn around! You have to take me home!" I shouted. I struggled with the seatbelt, trying to take it off while being bumped around by the speed of the car, even though I knew it was hopeless. Even if I did manage to undo my seatbelt and get out of the car, and if I didn't hit the road too hard and injure myself, I would still need my wheelchair to actually go anywhere. Besides, I had no idea where we were anyways, and at this speed, it would take me forever to wheel back home.

Suddenly, Alice's phone rang.

"Hello?"

"They are?"

"Okay, we're on our way back then."

She hung up.

"Edward, the vampires left."

"Are you sure?"

She closed her eyes for a second, "Yes, they're heading for the Canadian border. Carlisle said to go back home. He's calling a family meeting."

He flashed her a hard look, and then sped up. "You don't understand," he roared in frustration. I'd never heard his voice so loud; it was deafening in the confines of the Jeep. The speedometer neared one hundred and fifteen. "He's a tracker, Alice, did you see that? He's a tracker!"

"Pull over, Edward." Alice's tone was reasonable, but there was a ring of authority in it I'd never heard before.

The speedometer inched passed one-twenty.

"Do it, Edward."

"Listen to me, Alice. I saw his mind. Tracking is his passion, his obsession - and he wants her, Alice - her, specifically. He begins the hunt tonight."

"I told you, I saw him, He's leaving, they're all leaving. Turn around, go home. We can decide what to do after the meeting.

"Fine." The tires screeched as we made a wide u-turn, accompanied by a roll of thunder, and sped back home in silence.

The door of the Cullen home was open, and Esme was standing int he doorway, silhouetted by the bright lights behind her. Her tense face turned into one of obvious relief as we neared. Motioning for us to go in, she informed us, "Carlisle is in the living room with Jasper and Rosalie. They are waiting for you. "

"So," Carlisle said after we'd settled comfortably in the living room. "What is our next plan of action?"

"Go on as if nothing happened." Stated Alice, and the same time Edward said, "Get Bella away from here."

"Okay, let's get the facts straight first, then we'll decided." Said Carlisle firmly, silencing the others.

"He's - James - is a tracker." says Edward.

"They have left Forks and are heading for the Canadian border. They don't plan on returning anytime soon."

"But that could be a trick!" Burst out Edward. Carlisle silenced him with a look.

"He wants Bella. I saw his mind. The hunt is an obsession of his." Said Edward, a little more calmly this time.

"How about this; we go about as if nothing happened-" Carlisle began.

"But-" Edward interrupted.

Carlisle held up his hand. "Let me finish. We go about as if nothing happened, but Bella will be guarded by one of us at all times. Two of you can stand guard by her house and you guys and have shifts, and Edward, you can pick her up and drop her off. If they come back into the area, we can discuss it then. Subject closed." 

Edward opened his mouth as if he was going to object, but then closed it and nodded, once. "I'll take her home now. Alice, Emmett, do you guys want to take night watch?" They nodded.

He took me home and everything was fine, for now."

Edward's POV

I was fuming. Why won't they listen to me! We need to get Bella away from here so James can't get her!

James's POV

(A/N: This is James's POV again because time has passed and I didn't want to put this in the next chapter.)

Those gullible vampires. I say we wait until they stop worrying about us coming back, ad then go back and make that silly handicapped girl's life miserable. I think a few months ought to make them less cautious. If they are still on their toes, I'll make it a year. Oh I can't wait until I go back to torment that silly little girl and her overprotective little boyfriend. I planned, laughing evilly under my breath. Oh those Washington vamps have no idea what I have in store for them.