6.

Even from before him Alexandra could feel the heat from Dimitri washing over her, so different from the aura he normally gave off, this smoldered her, made her feel as if she was suffocating from the inside out but even then she couldn't help but turn and look at him, regal and powerful in his stride. 

They entered a library, the dark decor matching the expression on the Kings face and the way Alexandra felt.

The Queen rose from her seat at the table and so did several Alpha's, the assembly had ended a short while ago with the Queen leaving, then Alexandra and the King. 

"Leave us" He growled and absentmindedly Alexandra held fast to the pendant on her necklace, worrying it's smooth and cool surface. Alexandra's stomach tied in a knot at the thought of the King being okay with it, at the thought of him thinking she was okay with it, but if she was to go off on his expression she would guess he was not fund of the idea. she released a breath.

The inhabitants of the room bowed and shuffled out, leaving only the Queen, Alexandra and the King, she shifted uncomfortably, forcing herself to glare at the bookshelf before her instead of the regal beauty looking down at them with a glint of superiority. 

"I hope you understand it had to be done Dimitri" she said coldly

"Decisions" Dimitri growled "are not made without my consent, I do not know how you got her to agree but-" 

"I didn't agree" Alexandra cut in sharply, the Queen rose a questioning eyebrow as her words flashed across her memory "then you will do what is needed to be done, to ensure the continuation of the werewolf royal line"

"She cannot shift Dimitri" it felt like a slap across the face as the Queen stated facts, her icy pale blue eyes on Alexandra "If I had brought my proposal to you, you would've disagreed. The kingdoms future should not be jeopardized"

Alexandra had known her inability to shift would've been a problem for anyone interested in her but the lengths the Queen took to showcase her defect didn't sit well with her, it was one thing to have an entire community know about her but now the entire Werewolf Kingdom would be wondering why the Queen couldn't bring forth a heir. 

Her blood boiled, that was something she had planned to discuss in private, to find a solution to before the entire world knew, but the Queen had ideas of her own apparently. 

"Do not speak of me as if I am not here" with a voice like ice sharp and cold she addressed the deceptive woman before her "I am right before you, as much as I know you wish I wasn't, I am. My inability to shift was mine to share " 

"Are you suggesting that I had lied to-" 

"No" Alexandra snapped cutting the Queen off, Alexandra scoffed at the obvious statement meant to turn the tables around,  the Queens eyes narrowed and Alexandra straightened "If you had given me a chance I would've found a solution" 

"To your inability to shift? or how to end this disaster of a union?" the queen cut in sharply

Alexandra glared at the woman, her hands folding into a tight fist "before coming here I had planned to follow a lead I had towards who my parents might be, I think they might have the answer"

"If you jeopardize my marriage with Alexandra again you won't have to worry about the future of the Kingdom, your power as Queen will be revoked until it is time for Alexandra to take up her duties" 

The Queens cool eyes found her son "Do what you will child, but it has been done, you will have a concubine or Alexandra could simply refuse to marry you and though she will be exiled i'll ensure that she has a comfortable life outside the Werewolf world" 

Alexandra swallowed a lump in her throat and squared her shoulders, there was no way she would be able to live with a husband who would have another woman - another woman who would have a legitimate son, she would rather be exiled if it came down to it. 

The Werewolf world was cruel, especially if you weren't a top ranking werewolf or a male. 

"Give me time, i'll find a solution" Alexandra all but growled 

"And if you don't you will refuse to marry my son?, for the sake of the Kingdom"

"I will not lose her" He didn't miss a beat and his voice vibrated through the room, Alexandra closed her eyes with a sigh because at the end of the day it wasn't his decision to make, sure women didn't have much rights but she had a choice, marry a man with the right to have another woman or be exiled, never to see her family again.

"The Alpha's are already restless after you exhausted most of the upper ranking females, then you disrespected them by choosing two" She looked Alexandra up and down "Defects over their daughters not to mention" The Queen's laugh chilled Alexandra "You chose one of those defects to be your bride, throwing away years of tradition. You have stomped on their egos and that's a very dangerous thing to do Dimitri, now you want to deny them the promise of one their daughters birthing the next heir?" she scoffed "I am trying to save you from yourself" 

"Do not patronize me Mother, I am not a child" he snarled, eyes blazing " I have been preparing to be King since the day you forced me to grow up. The Alpha's would've been appeased with their daughters marrying rich and wealthy Alpha's from foreign packs with promises of an alliance and future investments, Alexandra would've completed the Selection in her own damn time and we would've addressed her situation with a solution. All this chaos is because of you Mother"

The Queen huffed and Dimitri exhaled "Never" he opened his eyes, grey silver  orbs met the Queen with unwavering firmness "refer to her as a defect again, she is the future Queen and you will show her respect" 

"I do not doubt that you will be a great King Dimitri" his mother said, a sincerity in her tone that made her seem almost humane, "Her however," she stared down at Alexandra, a smile akin to a snarl gracing her stone like features.

 "I don't think she'll make it past a month in this castle" 

Check out  FALLEN SKIES :)

       FALLEN SKIES      -  He was as insufferable as he was charming

                                                              Viscous and unapologetic.

He enticed me, his strength, his resilience and determination.

Too bad he was made to drain me of the very essence of my life.

Too bad my job was to eliminate him.