Chapter 2 part 2

© fran1234 all rights reserved

All rights including copyright in the content of this story are owned by Fran1234. It's illegal to steal and/or copy ANYTHING on this page and/or book.

"It's to remind you of our promise we made years ago" he says as he wipes the tears from my face.

"Th-thank you" I whisper as he hugs me.

"Will you let me do the honours of escorting you?" He asks offering a hand out and bowing.

"Why what a gentleman" a smile forming onto my face while I take his hand.

We walked down the stairs, him leading the way. The fluorescent flashing lights, nearly took me off guard but the best thing about them was I couldn't see the hatred looks of Katie and her minions.

Many people approach me, congratulating me on my eighteenth birthday. I act amiable towards them feeling shy from all the attention I'm receiving. Normally I wouldn't receive this much attention. I'm like a chameleon, that no one notices.

Phoenix senses my distress and heads towards me. Thank goodness.

"May I have a dance?" Phoenix offers his hand and I take it so I can be diverted away from the crowd.

"Thanks so much. You do not know how uncomfortable I was" I sigh.

"That's alright, you know I'll always be here to save you when you fall".

Butterflies erupt in my tummy as soon as he says that and they grow even bigger as I slow dance with him. He doesn't know what happens when he says things like that. Even if they are words.

'The next day'

"May dear, I have something to tell you" Mum confronts me. I wonder what she wants to talk about. I'm exhausted from last night. All the dancing has really tired me out.

"What is it mum?" I ask

"I'm sorry I have to do this, they've found us we have to go".

I can feel my throat constricting "where to?" I croak out.

"Brooklyn. It's the only place they know that we would never step foot into. Not even in a million years".

I feel like curling up in a ball. Why did I have to leave? After everything I've worked for and now it's put to waste.

"We leave right after graduation. Pack some things but don't take everything, because we'll be back once their off our back. Ok dear? I'm sorry" mum says hugging me.

I don't reply. After mum has released me I walk to my room, deciding what to pack. Could this get any worse?

________________________

Graduation day 2013

"Congratulations to the graduates of 2013! Your hard work is over. Now go have some fun!" The honour student of the year level hollered with the rest of the student population cheering.

Everyone runs out of the hall screaming and throwing their caps in the air. I'm the only one who didn't. I follow silently,drowning in my own sorrow.

When I spot mums car, I walk towards it with my head down. As we drive away I contemplate whether to look back or not for the last time. Well, I was here since I was 6, might as well look back for the last time.

Looking back was a huge mistake. I made eye contact with Phoenix and the look on his face just made my chest ache. It was so hard to decipher. It was a mix between hurt,sadness and even fury.

As quickly as I looked, I tore my eyes away from his and stared at the upcoming road. I refuse to look at my past, but to only think about what is waiting for me, wherever we are heading, ignoring my heart breaking.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Love it? Hate it? Comment what your thinking!

💙 Vote 💙

💚Comment 💚

💜 Follow 💜

Fran xox