The day after (part 1)

(A/N: A short peek into Nico's perspective:) Hope you guys like it. )

Nico's POV

I woke up with the widest smile etched on my face. I remembered every single touch and passion that we shared between us yesterday night. She was one of the most beautiful, no, the most beautiful thing that has ever happened to me.

 Holding her back against my chest, with my arm on her waist as we slept, hearing her heart beating, that was when I felt whole. It felt like one of those cheesy and ultra romantic moment from a Nicholas Spark book, like I was living that, and it made me feel happy. 

Talia made me happy. I went to bed with my heart finally in one piece and my wolf finally in solace as we marked her as our mate last night. Our mate bond was complete and every feeling that I had for her intensified and heightened to a greater scale of ten folds.

My smile quickly came to an end when I realized that the space next to me was empty and cold. Panic hit me in a flurry, wiping away my joy as I quickly jumped out of bed and glanced around the room nervously. 

A quick scan around the house proved my suspicion right, that Talia had left without a word, without a goodbye and it hurt me to pieces. Déjà vu hit me like a brick this instant, I realized that this was how my Talia felt that day as I walked away without a goodbye and..it feels like someone threw a stone multiple times at my heart and ripped it out to shreds.

I walked over to my fridge, took out a can of ice cold beer and quickly drowned it down my throat. It burned me, it drove my senses insane, my emotions were ticking all over the place. 

Confusion hit me as I sat there contemplating on what I should do next. Let go of Talia, let her stay a beautiful memory and let her live her own life or continue pursuing her until she agrees to be mine?

 Can I be selfless enough to let her go? But the selfish part of me, the possessive part of me, the red blooded male part of me refused to let go of my woman. 

She was made to be mine by destiny and I am never complete without Talia. I decided then that I will do whatever it takes to make her mine, no matter the depth of length that I'll have to undertake.