The revelation

"I think we should get going.", Talia spat acidly as she stood up from the chair, with a loud screeching sound ringing in the air from the chair scraping roughly against the ground. Nico had very little time to think about as different thoughts bolted through his head like a speeding bullet train. Tell her that his mother was going through a major health issue, or would it be better to say that his non-existent twin brother went missing and he had been spending the past five year searching for him high and low in every inch of the North American continent.

"Just tell her that we are the Alpha of the strongest pack in the world, Nico. Mark, mate. Quick.", Nico's wolf reproached him, to which he remained silent. A loud sound of Talia coughing brought him back to reality as he smiled softly.

"Sorry Talia, your beauty leaves me breathless and speechless", he joked and the brunette rolled her eyes to his over-inflated egoistic cover-up.

"Goodbye, Nico. This has been a complete waste of my time. I hope to never see you. Again.", she said sternly and proceeded to take large steps away from him.

Nicholas stared at her retreating back while yelling at her to not leave and give him a chance.

"Don't go, Talia!", he yelled and went after her in big strides with ease, a natural perk of the werewolf blood coursing through his veins.

An exasperated Talia turned around with a hot glare masked on her face. 

"I told you to leave me alone. I never want to see your face ever again. I never want to hear your voice ever again and I want you out of my life for good. So please, if you ever cared for me at some point in your life, please, I plead with you to let me go. I don't have the strength to fall in love with you again and get hurt. I just can't get allow myself to get hurt again. I'll probably die this time if I had to go through all that emotional heart pain again. SO PLEASE, JUST LET ME GO.", she screamed at him and once again, guilt and immense pain pricked through his usually cold heart.

 Her glassy tear-filled eyes, that eyebags circling her tired eyes and that look on her face, like she has withdrawn from the woes of life, everything gushed to him like a tsunami in slow upsurge and he felt his breath get stuck in his lung.

"Go, Talia", he brokenly whispered. Talia stared at him shocked, never expecting him to let her go just like that. For some reason, she felt a tiny pinch of disappointment and she cursed her traitor heart again.

She forced her feet to take heavy steps forward in an attempt to quicky scurry out of the place, even though she knew it was going to be a long, long journey home and a look at the stormy darkening sky indictated an oncoming rain, to which she sighed. She could only hope that she'd be able to reach home without getting stuck in the rain. Firstly, she was afraid of thunderstorms, she always was even as a child. She recalled one cold rainy night as a child as she was playing with her sister, Bethany. She could still lucidly recall playing in her room, the loud giggling noises of two little girls and the loud howl that broke them out of their games.

She remembered weeping her head to look at the window and seeing two ebony-coated wolves with steely grey eyes staring at her. Bethany rushed out of the room to call her mother for help but when she did come to the room, the two dark wolves mysteriously vanished as a thunder erupted in the sky. Talia shuddered as she thought back to the flashback. 

This was the reason why she was afraid of the rain and thunderstorm and even wolves, she couldn't understand how wolves could disappear just like that but she knew it couldn't just be a fragment of illusion. Not when her sister saw it with her own eyes too. Therefore, whenever it rained, Talia had the tendency to hide herself indoors with a closed curtain but tonight, she was feeling extra anxious for some reason. 

With each step that she took, she could feel her palms getting sweatier and her heart beating wilder. While not a religious woman by any means, she prayed to quickly get home safe and not fall prey to any evil creatures, she thought with a very slow gulp. Curse herself for not bringing in any case, she sighed.

Meanwhile, Nicholas sat by the side of the tree that had their initials carved on it. His eyes were closed as memories,happier memories of their younger selves played through his mind. A small smile graced his lips as he thought about how carefree he used to be, and how in love they used to be. Simpler and happier times. He had no responsibilities on his shoulders and he didn't mar what they had. 

He thought about that one time when it was Talia's 16 birthday. While every girl probably wanted something expensive and fancy, his Talia wanted him to bring her to the beach here and just have a simple picnic while they enjoyed each other's company. He remembered how soft her rosy lips felt against his as they lay on this very golden sand with their hands entangled. It was still as vivid as day even though it was ages ago.

It made him sad. He was a man who spilled very few tears and whose feelings were sealed in his heart, bottled deep within. After spending half a decade being trained extensively by his father to be the best and competent leader to his pack, he thought that he could finally have the woman he has missed so dearly in his arms.

 He thought she'd come back to his life willingly, that she'd welcome him with a warm, tight embrace, maybe slap him for leaving her and kiss him with all that pant up love and frustration. But most importantly, he thought, he assumed that she'd welcome him with open arms and it looks like that Is where he majorly messed up again. His eyes slowly peeked open as a droplet of salty rain landed on his tanned skin.

Scanning the area around him and no living being was on sight. He was living the life of a man in solitude and to be honest, he never expected Talia to be hurting so much. Never in his wildest dreams did he even imagine that his disappearance would have scarred the heart of the woman he loves. She is so wounded that it seems like she hates his existence.

 He shut his eyes again as the memory of the way she looked at him with repulse on her face invaded his mind. As a thunder erupted through the earth, Nicholas thought about how maybe she should stop being selfish and let her go. He loved this woman a lot and always will, but if she is happier without him intruding her life, he decided that maybe it'd be best to let her go even if it will hurt him, he thought with a sad smile. Tears were building up in his eyes as he thought about even more happier times.

What broke him out of his thoughts was the panicking voice of his wolf. "Mate is in danger! Mate is in danger!", he kept chanting and he immediately got up and wiped the sand off his clothes and hand, now fully alert.