Chapter 12: Distraction

"How's Ronnie?" Natasha asked once Tony walked into the party deck area of the tower.

"Not good." Tony sighed sitting down on the sofa. "She was taking a bath and without realizing it she submerged herself in the water. Had I not found her, she would subconsciously killed herself."

"That girl, Wanda, really messed her up." Steve muttered. "Where are Tommy and Oliver?" He asked.

"Oliver's training with Diggle and Tommy was waiting at Ronnie's side." Tony replied. "What do we do now? We have the scepter."

"We throw a party." Ronnie said walking in with Tommy following behind her.

"Sweetie, are you okay?" Natasha asked worried for her friend.

"I'm fine. I just remembered an awful period of my life that I can't do anything about." Ronnie replied faking a smile to show that she was doing alright even though she was going through hell on the inside. "We always have some sort of party after completing a long mission. Plus Thor enjoys revels before leaving for Asgard."

"We could do that. Banner and I are almost done with our scan on the scepter. I can have a party planned in an hour." Tony said thinking about it.

"Great. I love a good party." Ronnie said.

"Ronnie, being completely honest, do I need to get Banner to restart the therapy sessions?" Tony asked still worried for his friend. He had lost many people in his life, and Veronica Stone was the one person he couldn't bare to lose.

"Tony, you do know that Bruce isn't that type of doctor?" Ronnie questioned.

"I do, but he's a good listener." Tony said.

"Look I'm completely fine. Some kiddie mutant isn't going to harm me." Ronnie reassured him.