15

BELLAMY:

"...unreliable and blind. She can't see clearly anymore, which means she can't protect us. I can. I will. I vow to. We need to make a change. I know everyone thinks we're safe, but danger and enemies are still out there, and we can't fall asleep thinking they're not hunting us down this very second." a voice sounded from the eating area. As I walked inside, I found a group of people standing in a big circle around a guy unknown to me. They were all listening too him, eyes big as marbles while eating up his words.

I knew he was talking about Clarke. Should I tell her about this? She would start worrying and try to fix it. She couldn't though. These people wouldn't suddenly start trusting her again if she held a small prep talk.

"Excuse me?" a voice sounded. "You're Bellamy Blake, right?" the girl, who had suddenly appeared beside me, asked. She was tall and had short brown hair. Her face were covered in freckles. I couldn't remember seeing her before.

I gave her a small nod in respons and crossed my arms over my chest as I leaned back against the wall, while still listening to the boy's speech.

"You bitter about your ex or something?" she asked and I gave her a sideway glance. "I mean, since you're here." She explained her reason for the out of the blue question.

"No, just happened to walk by." I shortly reply, not really interested in a conversation. "I should go actually."

"I would be if I were you." she continued. "Bitter, I mean."

"For what?" I asked, not knowing why I even stopped to listen to this girl. How could she possibly have any reasonable opinions about me and Clarke?

"I always knew it wasn't true though," she smiled knowingly. "about how you supposedly hurt her. She's always been a drama seeker. Always needed everyones attention."

I almost smirked as I looked at this girl. Here she was, trash talking Clarke, like all the girls used to do to each other on the ark. Something she said though, stuck in my head. Did I hurt Clarke? Like actually put my hands on her with an intension of harming her? 

"Hey! What are you doing here, Blake?" The guy who was preaching to the crowd of people called out to me, accusingly.

"I was just getting something to eat, but found entertainment instead. Please carry on." I answered with a smirk.

He started to walk towards me and the room was dead silent. There was only the sound of his footsteps as he came closer. People were watching him as his boots made an echoing sound in the room as they his the floor. Clearly, people respected this guy. They looked at him with wonder as if he had just done the unbelievable. 

"I wouldn't be smug if I were you." He said as he stopped right in front of me. 

"Was that a treat?" I asked as I pushed off the wall and stood tall. I didn't hover over this guy like I did with most of them. We were about the same height but if he was testing my, I could take him for sure. 

"No, just a warning." He crossed his hands over his chest in a threatening manner. I knew because I knew that move all too well. 

"Hm, sounded more like a threat, and just for future references, keep your closed meetings in private places." I answered. "Oh, and don't forget to tell them all how great their funerals will be when you get them all killed." I winked as I brushed pass him, heading out.

"Cause you and Clarke did such a good job with that, right?" he snickered hauntingly. I stopped, something I shouldn't have. "Hey, sorry that you lost your life because of me, now enjoy the hole I got someone to dig for you." He said, pretending to be me. I turned around to look at him. I didn't know what to say because I didn't even remember those who lost their lives because of me or how many of them there were.