Chapter 40

-Logan's POV- 

And just like that I lost her. She was gone. Well, I can't exactly say she was gone, but she wasn't mine anymore. Who's the blame for that? Niall and Vinnie. I refused to blame myself, because I loved her, I really did. 

The only thing that kept me sane was knowing that Selena would NEVER go back for Niall in a million years. I mean he tried to rape her or something...he was just odd. 

I dropped the cigarrette I was smoking onto the ground, stomping on it in anger. I never wanted to smoke another cigarette for as long as I lived. It wasn't worth it, it just made my problems even worse. 

The main problem I had now was where I was going to stay. Yeah, Selena offered me a room at her house, but it would be way too awkward now. I'd honestly rather live in a cave then anywhere near her now. She hated me. Hate isn't even the word to describe her feelings towards me, she was way past that by now. All I ever did was make her life a living hell.

It made me really think, what if I was in her position? Being forced to move to a whole new state, change schools where NOBODY knows you, only to be a target from a guy who's secretly crazy in love her, another guy who wants to take advantage of her, another who's trying his best to get her the worst boyfriend possible, and worst of all, a target to her own father who can't even love her because he's too knocked up on woman and beer. 

Maybe if I was lucky enough, I could move all my stuff out right before Selena noticed. But then again, there was also Ariana. I couldn't just leave her there, unless she'd want that. Who knew. Either which way, I would need to find another place to stay. 

I started sprinting for my life in hopes that I'd get back home way before Selena would, then I could pack my stuff, which I didn't have much of.  When I was just a block away, I had a small encounter with a guy I haven't seen in a long time.

"Dally?!" I said in confusion before bumping into him.

"Nice to see you again, Lerman." He smirked, which kind of worried me, I wasn't in the mood to be raped by a guy.

"Wish I could say the same." I awkwardly smiled. "Can I help you?"

I heard another familiar voice behind me. "Did you hear?"

I turned around to see Jake. Perfect. "Did I hear what?"

"Niall and Selena, they're kind of a thing now." An evil grin appeared on Jake's face.

I shook my head instantly. There was no way. "You're lying."

"Oh are we?" Dally put his hands on my shoulder turning me in the direction of the beach. "Then who are they?"

I'm pretty sure my heart was then breaking into a million pieces. Cliche maybe, but I can tell you, it's a pretty sucky feeling. I then felt sick to my stomach. I saw Selena and Niall, making out on the beach.

How could Selena move on that fast within five minutes? Who did she think she was?  I clenched my fists in anger. I wanted to kill Niall, literally. If it were legal, I probably would have without any regrets.

"Just leave me alone." I told them softly.

"Awww, it little Loggie upset?" Jake did a fake frown and poked my cheek. "Too bad."

I narrowed my eyes, pushing them both out of my way before storming home..well, Selena's home. I opened the door, which wasn't locked, thankfully. I headed towards my room before bumping ino Ariana.

"Hey Logan...you okay?"

"Uh, yeah." I quickly responded while trying to get past her.

"Hey are you crying?" 

"Me? Crying? Of course not don't be silly." I wasn't crying..but I was on the verge.

Ariana pouted. "Do you want to talk about anything?"

I lifted my head up giving her a bright fake smile. "Actually, yes I do. Any nearby apartments we can move into?"

Ariana furrowed her eyebrows. "Maybe, but that's way too expense. We don't have time for jobs while trying to pass highschool."

"What? Of course we can. You just got to believe." I started pulling her down the stairs. "Let's go find a job!"

She giggled lightly. "You sure you're alright?"

"Positive." I lied.

"I can't get a job right now. Let's just be thankful your girlfriend is nice enough to let us stay here."

She just had to go there.

"Actually, her dad's the one allowing it."

"Yeah but, have you met her dad? He's not exactly the nicest man."

"Good. She deserves a dad like him." I muttered.

She gasped. "Logan, how could you say that?!"

"Because she's a bit-" I stopped myself, I couldn't do it.

"Logan...did you and Selena break up?"

I sat down on the couch, burrying my head into my hands. "Yeah."

She took a seat next to me, wrapping an arm around me. "What happened?"

I thought about all the threats Vinnie and Niall have made. They told me not to tell ANYONE what they were making me do...but maybe it just applied to Selena. It's not like they would be able to hear me from inside my house. 

I lifted my head up, looking straight at her. "Ari, you have to promise not to mention it to anyone else."

"I promise."

"So Selena and I were all okay we were happen and then Vinnie came along. He told me that I had to get Selena to break up with me somehow. This is when I started being a major jerk towards her, making her feel like crap. Selena bought it all, she fell for it. She got to the point where she couldn't stand me anymore, so we broke up. Ariana, you don't understand how badly I wanted to tell her." I felt a tear stream down my face, but I didn't care at this point. "They told me if I told her about they're little scheme, they would hurt her. I couldn't let them hurt her. They did this all just so Niall could get her back...and it worked."

"Wait a minute, so Vinnie threatened you to be mean to Selena just so Niall could date her?" Ariana was trying to catch herself up.

I wiped my eyes with my sleeve. "Yeah. Exactly."

"I'm so sorry Logan. Honestly, you need to tell Selena what happened." 

"I can't. Besides, it's too late anyways."

"Sure it isn't."

"Ariana, you don't understand. We're not going out anymore, alright? We're through."

She sighed in defeat. "If that's what you want." She kissed my cheek, heading upstairs.

But it wasn't what I wanted.

"Tell me what?" I heard Selena's voice.

I turned my head to see her standing at the door.

All I could do was glare at her. She actually had the nerve to talk to me. "Tell you how screwed up you are." 

She crossed her arms over her chest and furrowed her eyebrows. "I'm screwed up?"

"Isn't that what I just said? Is your hearing alright? Did Niall nibble your ear off?"

"No..." Her face turned a little red.

"Of course not." I rolled my eyes, getting up off the couch.

"What's your problem?"

I turned around to face her. "My problem? Well since you ask, it's you."

She let our a small laugh. "Are you sure about that? Are you sure I'm your problem, or is it Niall?"

Nope. It was still her.