Chapter 11

-Selena's POV-

Dean Collins just kissed me. Yeah, I kissed back, only not to make things more awkward then they already were. But truthfully, I didn't like Dean at all. First of all he tried to rape me, and second of all there's no doubt that this could all be a joke. I was already tricked by Logan and I wasn't going to let myself be fooled by someone as idiotic as Dean.

"How about now?" Dean asked after breaking the kiss.

"Dean, you're okay and all, but I'm not ready for a relationship." I lied. 

"Oh." His excited face dropped to a frown. "I understand."

"Thanks. Now I should get going." I got up and ran back to my house, refusing to look back at him. I ran down the boardwalk and down the ramp and walked up the street to my house.

I unlocked the door to my house and walked in shutting the door behind me. I heard the home phone beep which informed me that we had a voicemail. I pressed play to  hear it. A man in a deep voice spoke.

"Hello, this is a police officer over from the Boston Police Department. There was a plan planning to arrive here last night, but unfortunetly it crashed in a field nearby, killing all the passengers. We went on their phones to contact their family. If your family member who aboarded the plane last name is Gomez then I am terriblely sorry to tell you she passed away. Our regrets and take care." The messaged ended. I couldn't believe what was happening. I felt tears stream down my face uncontrollably. This must of meant Ariana's dad died as well. I ran next door to her house and banged on the door with all my strength. I pretty much took my anger out on her door.

I forgot for a second that Logan lived there as well when he opened the door. His face was red and covered in tears. I never seen him cry before. "Logan..." I started not sure what to say.

He pulled me into a tight hug and didn't let go. "Selena." Was all he said. After a while of being in his arms we both broke the hug. I ran over to Ariana who was crying even more than Logan.

I talked as fast as I could to apologize to her. "Listen, Ariana I'm sorry about what happened with Harry. I didn't know he was gonna do that, he came on to me and-"

"I know Sel. It's okay. We have other things to worry about right now." She leaned in and hugged me tightly.

I couldn't live my life without my mom. I knew I wouldn't be able to, and this also meant I would be forced to move back to New York with my father. I didn't mind that I would be back to my old school, but I really didn't want anything to do with my dad. In fact I think I would rather live with Logan than with him, and that's saying something.

I felt something vibrate in my pocket. I read the caller ID to see it was my father. I really didn't want to talk to him, but it would of been wrong to ignore him at a time like this.

"Hello?" I answered.

"So mom died? That's too bad. But that leaves me to take care of you. My new wife and I will be moving down here to take care of you. Alright?"

"I don't wanna live with you." I admitted. I couldn't believe he didn't even care that the woman he once loved had become nothing to him. 

"You don't have a choice. See you in the morning." He hung up the phone right after he spoke.

I wiped the remaining tears on my face with the palm of my hand and looked up at Ariana. "Listen, if you need a place to stay, you're welcome to live with my father and me." I offered even though I wasn't too sure how my dad would feel about that.

"And Logan?" She asked as she turned her head to her brother, who was leaning against the door with his head down.

"Yeah." I said even though the idea of Logan living in the same household as me didn't exactly appeal to my interest. 

"When's your dad coming?" Ariana asked me.

"Tomorrow morning." I told her.

"Alright. Thanks." She said.

"Yup." I got up from the couch and made my way towards the door. Logan held it open for me as I walked out the door back to my house.

I walked inside to my house and looked around the place. I knew it would be difficult for me to manage without her. I would rather live on my own than live with my dad and his pregnant girlfriend.

-----------------------

 I woke up at six AM Sunday moring to the sound of the door being barged open. I assumed it was my dad but I grabbed my phone incase it happened to be a murderer. I walked slowly downstairs to see my dad and his girlfriend at the front door. I turned the lights on to get a good look at them when I realized the door was on the ground.

"WHY THE HELL WAS THE DOOR LOCKED?" My father shouted at me before lifting his hand and slapping me across the face.

It felt like I just had a rock thrown at my face. "Dad...I didn't know you would be here this early. Why do you think it was locked?!" I raised my voice a bit.

"OH SHUT UP!" He yelled as he kicked me in my stomach. I tried to act like it didn't affect me even though the pain was unbearable. I turned my head over to his girlfriend who obviously looked pregant. Maybe a couple months.

"Don't look at me." She said laughing.

"Well...I'm going back to sleep." I said walking up the stairs.

"No you're not." My dad said behind me as he pulled my shirt hand forcing me to fall down the steps. Luckily I didn't hit my head...too hard.

I gave him a death stare. "How may I help you?"

"Go make us some breakfast." He suggested, causing me to run to the kitchen in fear. 

I knew my life was about to get ten times worse than it already was.