America the Drill Instructor

They tumbled down the stairs, grunting and yelling out in pain in the process. As soon as they landed on each other at the bottom, America called from the top, "They're all yours ladies and gentlemen. Just be sure to not kill or traumatize them too badly."

Then she closed the door, locking it.

A few otherworldly giggles and cackles were heard, and the horrified nations looked up to see various people of different time periods grinning down at them with crazed looks on their mangled, deathly pale, or bloody faces.

That was when they screamed.

~~~

Back upstairs, Connecticut smirked. It had always been a fantasy of hers to view the stupid nations being decimated in some way, and her mother was a genius for coming up with this punishment. Nearby, Alaska giggled when a scream erupted from the basement, and the few nations that were spared, Japan, Italy, and even Germany believe it or not, flinched.

America, miraculously, managed to ignore what was happening in the basement and stared hard at Italy and Germany. "Just because you're not in the basement with them doesn't mean you won't be punished either."

Italy whimpered. "V-Ve...?"

"For going along with them, both you and Germany are to clean the entire kitchen from top to bottom, and if you miss one spot, I'll have you do it all over again, understand? Oh, and Japan, you'll be joining them too."

"E-Eh?! W-Why me?!"

"You know the answer to that question."

Japan began to sweat.

"Now, do you understand what I'm trying to tell you three?"

All three men nodded slowly, having a feeling that America was going to make that experience a living hell.

They were right.

"And you two will be joining them if you don't stop giggling," America called from behind her to the two daughters who were taking sadistic pleasure in their suffering.

They froze, with Connecticut trying with all her might to keep herself together. The last time she disobeyed her mother, she had been forced to clean the entire mansion with America watching the entire time and making her experience a living hell.

She almost felt for the Axis members. Almost.

~~~

"Are you fucking blind boy? You missed a spot! Do it again!" America ordered. Italy yelped and returned to scrubbing at the counter again with a new fury.

To make things interesting, America decided to act like a drill instructor, and she was enjoying it immensely so far. Italy, Japan, and even Germany were not having a good time, and Italy clearly was so terrified that he didn't bother to complain unlike with Germany. America guessed the reason why he refused to complain was because America would only add to his work load in response.

Good.

Then she looked at Japan and Germany. "And what in the name of hell do you fucks think you doing?!" she demanded, causing both men to jump. "Unless you two are going to sit there like dumbasses, get back to work!"

The men obeyed immediately.

"Um, Mother? Is the kitchen clean?" Rhode Island asked from the doorway. He winced in sympathy at the turmoil that was the Axis powers, but it was brief.

"If these three hurry it up about it. Is it dinnertime already?"

"Yes." Rhode Island looked thoughtful for a moment. "Do you think it's time to take the other nations out of the basement now?"

America thought for a moment. "I suppose so." She then turned back to the Axis powers. "You three, when you're done, you are to start dinner, and I want it to be perfect. Do you understand?"

The three men nodded, fearful of saying anything, and America smirked in approval as she turned to Rhode Island. "Go tell your siblings to set the table. I'm going to the basement to get the others."

"Why can't we just have dinner without them?" Connecticut asked, rolling her eyes at the thought of even having dinner with the people she hated most.

"One: because they have not had lunch, and two: they are guests, and I am not the kind of woman who has her feelings get in the way of reality, and that is something you need to learn Victoria Connecticut Jones."

Connecticut flinched in response, also turning away from her triplet brother's hard glare.

"I'll see you in a few minutes," America called as she exited the kitchen.

~~~

The nations were so pitiful when America found them, so much so that she sighed in annoyance. The spirits nearby were smiling happily at their work or giggling at the nations' turmoil. Then, one at a time, America carried the nations upstairs to the dining hall, where the states were cleaning and setting up the table for dinner. Neither of them looked their way as America whispered harshly to them, "If you throw up on my table, you will be heading back down there, do you hear me?"

Too fearful to respond, that nation nodded vigorously.

Soon after, everyone was seated, and Italy, Germany, and Japan brought out food. Of course, Italy made homemade pasta, Germany sausages and beer, and Japan some rice, sushi, and buns. Clearly no one was feeling like eating anything fancy tonight, as they took the food without complaint and ate quietly.

Nearby, New York twitched at the prospect of eating food made by Italy, but he knew better than to voice them and ate the pasta without a complaint. The others were the same, and thankfully the nations didn't even attempt to throw up, either by the fact that they were hungry or feared America's wrath, America didn't care to find out as long as they obeyed.

America felt a tap on her shoulder, and America turned to see South Carolina. "Ma? I'm sorry about this afternoon. I should've known better."

Sighing, America smiled sadly. "I'm sorry too Rachelle. But I'm afraid there's no changing the past. Let's eat for now, okay?"

Quietly, South Carolina nodded and returned to her seat to eat.

America resisted the urge to yawn. Today really has been a long day.