Always part 2

Rylan tried her best to keep up with Severus. She found if strange how all death eaters had disappeared in a matter of minutes, they were all here moments ago. It was scary how much control Voldemort had over everyone. The fear he caused had everyone on the edge and made them all worry for the future. But as Rylan watched Snape make his way out of the castle she forgot about it all. She just wanted to look him in the face. She wanted to scream at him, accuse him of being the cause of Andy's death, but a part of her also wanted to be in his arms where she knew she was safe. Because even after everything she just knew he would never hurt her. 

Rylan furrowed her eyebrows when she saw Snape walking into the forbidden forest. Hesitantly she followed him. The walk was long and Rylan found it hard not to make too many sounds for Snape to notice. Rylan stopped for a moment as she got stuck in a couple of branches. When she looked back up Snape was no where to be found. In panic Rylan searched the area and felt her heart beat quicken to the point she was sure she was having a panic attack. As she was about to fall to the ground she felt a pair of familiar arms around her. 

"You stupid girl." Snape said with a sigh before cradling her in his arms, trying to sooth her the best he could. Rylan watched him with big eyes and tried to breath deeply. When she looked into his eyes she realized that she wouldn't be able to yell at him, she couldn't blame him for anything. She loved him too much. 

Snape sighed again, both worried and relived that Rylan did not speak. He couldn't bare it if she spoke about Andy. She may not blame him, but Snape would never be able to forgive himself for this. "I've got you." He spoke as he tightened his hold on her. Rylan tried to keep herself together but once the tears started running she couldn't stop. "I'm so sorry." Severus said and kissed her head. "I'm sorry too." Rylan answered. "I'm sorry you had to do this." 

Severus hadn't realized just how much he needed to hear those words. At that moment he thought that maybe, just maybe he could forgive himself someday. If Rylan could then why couldn't he?

"I have to go. Rylan. You can't go after me," Snape started and placed his hand on her cheek. "I don't want you to see this." Rylan closed her eyes and nodded, she understood. Though the words never escaped any of them, they both knew Snape wouldn't survive this. "I love you." She breathed and inched closer, their noses almost touching. "I love you." Severus replied, his eyes full of emotions, and closed the spaces between them. The kiss was full of lust and sorrow as they both knew it may be their last. 

Without another word Snape pulled away and disappeared into the forest once again, leaving Rylan to watch as the love of her life walked out of her life. 

Unsteadily Rylan stood up and tried to make her way out of the forbidden forest but the trees all seemed to look the same, making it hard for her to know which way was right or not. Helplessly she walked around in hopes that she might recognize the path. After what felt like hours she finally spotted a three figures in the dark. With no other options she decided to follow after them, thinking they might lead the way out. 

The closer she got the more certain she became that one of the them was in fact none less than Harry Potter. Feeling at ease she approached them. Hermione was the first to react as Rylan soon had a wand pointed directly at her. "Sorry if I startled you. I'm Rylan. From Gryffindor." She spoke and held up her hands in the air, showing that she meant no harm. "I remember you. You were friends with Cedric." Harry said, making Hermione lower her wand. Rylan nodded with a small smile. 

"What are you doing out here?" Ron asked with furrowed brows. "I could ask the same thing to you guys." The three of them glanced around at each other before nodding their heads. "We're looking for Snape." Harry said with hard eyes. "We followed him here." Ron continued as he glanced at his friend once more. Before any of them could speak again, voices were heard not far away from where they stood. Quickly they all ducked down as they tried no to get caught. 

The voices weren't loud enough for the four of them to make out what was being said, but Rylan knew that voice from anywhere. Snape was there. As curiosity took over she tried to get a better view, realizing that the voices came from the small cottage. Rylan could feel her heart beating faster and faster until she felt nothing at all. She watched how a light lit up the cottage and she witnessed Snape fall to the floor. She wanted to scream out for him, she wanted to save him. But once she found herself inside, she knew it was too late. 

"No. No. No. You're going to be fine. Just hold on." She rambled and pulled Severus into her arms. "I can't lose you too." She cried. Snape placed his hand on her cheek as he looked into her eyes. He said nothing until he turned his attention to Harry, who was standing in the door frame. "Harry. Come." Hesitantly Harry made his way towards the two lovers on the floor. "Take it." Severus said and mentioned to the tear running down his cheek. Harry did what he was told before backing away again. 

"Rylan." Snape whispered and held her closer. "I love you. So much." He continued. "I love you too." Rylan cried and kissed him gently on the lips. "Just stay with me." She said helplessly and pressed her hand to his neck, trying to stop the blood from pouring out. Snape smiled sadly at her before closing his eyes and slowly breathing out his last breath.

"Always." 

.......

Song: You are my sunshine by Johnny Cash. 

I know the story isn't the same as what happens in the book or the movie but this is my fanfiction so I can do what ever I want. This is the last chapter so thanks for reading and I hope you liked it.