The Mating Chapter 20

I couldn't help but watch the way his chest rose up then down in a steady rhythm. I felt as if I could have watched him sleep for hours. Obsessed? No. Just madly in love with a man that I really shouldn't love. With every moment that I spend with him, every smile, every touch, I became more certain of him. That simmering dislike that I once felt for him turned to a liking and eventually flourished into love. I didn't know what the future holds, but I do know how much his love excites me and how sad I feel when I'm not with him. I wasn't  sure I could live without him

Without thinking, I pressed a gentle kiss to his lip. His eyes immediately fluttered open; He stared at me in surprise for a full minute without blinking. During that minute pain ebbed and swelled in my chest with an endless, nerve-clutching throb.  I opened my mouth to apologize but before I could get a word out, Sebastian's lips crushed mine, and his hands locked around my waist, one drawing my leg up around his hip, the other caressed my back with tender motion.  My hands tangled in his hair, and I moaned at how good he tasted. 

He finally broke the kiss, panting a little. "I'm so sorry," He said, eyes wild. He backed up a little. "I...and... we…."

I cut him off with another kiss. He moaned into my lips, and our tongues twisted together.

‘"I just have to say this one thing, and it's really important that you listen to me”. I said pulling away from him. I pressed my forehead against his.

He nodded his head and waited for me to speak. I took a deep breath, gathered my resolve, and said “I love you. I'm always thinking about you, I'm not sure it's healthy for me but this feeling just doesn't seem to be going away. Every time you step in the room, it's always there. I can't get on with my life. The things that we have with each other; I don't have with any other person, with any other human being."

I looked down at him; his eyes were wide as he searched mine. He opened his mouth to speak but I stopped him and continued.  “I feel giddy when I see you. So giddy I could die. You have no clue... and even if I only see you once, for 30 seconds maybe, that giddiness carries out for the entire day. When you’re mad at me, I don’t know what to do. I feel absolutely lost. You’re the only family I have here. I gave up everything for you. You’re my mate, I need you and when you leave me, hurt and alone. It feels like I have nothing left. Do you know how it feels to have everything and then suddenly nothing? Do you know how it feels to have your world shattered like glass? It doesn't feel good.”

He and I looked at each other and I knew he understood. He had his world shattered once too. I felt bad for saying what I did but he needed to how I felt. Tears started streaming down my face. He gently placed his hand under my chin and brought my head up as he wiped my tears “I know I am not the most romantic person. I know that I’ve hurt you and I’m sorry.  But I do care about you. Do you know that your laugh is highly contagious?  Because as soon as I hear you laugh, I feel like laughing. My eyes are always glued to you, I know you brush your hair from your face when you get nervous. I know you get nervous when I look into your eyes. When you sleep your lips open as you dream. I notice all the small things Paige”

I was speechless. He didn’t say he loved me but he cared and that was more than enough. More than I’d hoped for. It certainly blew me away.

'Sebastian I…I don't know what to say.'

'Tell me you love me, that's all I want to hear.'

'I love you. I love you so much.'

Our lips met once more. I could have sworn I heard fireworks go off. Sebastian slowly parted his lips from mine and gently touched my cheek with his thumb. Then he proceeded to run it over my lips. I opened my mouth to speak, but was hushed with a soft, fragile kiss. Although, it didn't last long, it meant a lot. He took my hand and placed it on his heart. "That's how my heart beats every time I see you." he whispered. A smile crossed my face as he pulled me into his arms. I could feel his warm breath on the back of my neck.

“Sebastian”

"Hmm?" he murmured into the back of my neck.

"I want to be with you" I said as his hand traced circles around my navel.

“I know” He replied snuggling into me further.

“I don’t think you understand what I mean” I said removing myself from his arms. I turned around to face him. “I want to be with you, physically”. He was looking at me carefully, his eyes boring into me.

"You don’t have to do this Paige” He said softly. “It’s okay if you’re not ready”

"I told you, I’m your mate. I want to be with you" I laid down on the bed.

"You know that means sleeping and waking up with me for the rest of your life."

"I know."

"There’s no turning back after this..." I shivered a little at this but answered.

"I know, and I'm not afraid. I love you”

After thinking a little, Sebastian moved closer to me "Are you ready?" he spoke softly.

I nodded.

"Are you sure?" he said touching my arms, my face and my hair. I was afraid of what was coming, but I was the one who provoked it.

"I am"

For a second a thought he might not kiss me but then he pulled me closer and slanted his lips across mine, I was already tense and waiting. He kissed me softly and pulled away. He looked into my eyes.

"I will ask once again. Is that what you want?"

"Yes”

"So, may I continue?" He was giving me the choice.I tugged gently on his shirt indicating my answer.

He cupped my face and kissed me again, more tenderly this time. He kissed my neck, ears, and my breasts. I entangled my legs with his, my hands exploring his back, his muscled arms, and our hips moving rhythmically.

Sebastian moved his lips and bit my ear and asked once again.

'Are you sure…?"

"I am…." I said through the pants and breaths. “I love you”

...............................................................................................................................