FIVE

-Ruby's POV-

It must have been because of the stressful month preparing for the show. With such a busy and hectic schedule, I think the lack of sleep is finally catching up to me.

I've been waking up at such awfully weird timings that I'm not even sure it's possible until now.

I woke up with my stomach upset, I could barely hold it in until I reach the toilet to throw up my dinner last night. It must have been something I ate last night.

After I'm done throwing up, I went to brush my teeth and take a bath before I make my way to a nearby cafe.

I'm really craving for some steaming hot dumplings and a bowl of ramen, yum. Yes, and a cup of matcha green tea as well.

I was about to head out to the nearby cafe but with my sudden craving, I decided to drive to a Japanese restaurant instead.

This restaurant, Ajisen, is really good! I went there for the first time to meet my clients from Japan and I fell in love with the Japanese cuisine.

I was driving when my phone lit up with a message notification showing on my screen.

Since I'm driving, obviously I won't pick up my phone to read the message, so I continued driving until my phone started ringing.

Giving my phone a side eye, I see who's calling and attach my bluetooth speaker to my ear before answering the call.

"Ruby, I have news. Let's meet up."

I know it sounds like I hired a private inspector or something but I swear I didn't!

"C'mon, do you have to say it like that! I'm your sister, not some assistant of yours to boss and order around. Show me some respect, Duncan Hendrix, or I'm telling mum."

"Fine, dear sister. Let's save that for when we meet later on. Now, where are we meeting at?"

"Ajisen."

I hung up on him and continued driving. Serves him right, hmph.

When I've arrived, I went to park my car and I was then led to my table. It was a two-storey restaurant, a building on it's own, and I was too lazy to climb up to the second floor that I requested for a table near the back and was lucky to get a table that's also beside the window.

The menu was placed in front of me, and instead of the waiter taking down the orders, we just place our orders on the tablet provided and it will be served to us.

It makes it very easy for me, and since I was really hungry, I ordered first. I ordered the Ajisen ramen, Gyoza aka dumplings, Takoyaki, Fried Tofu and hot Hojicha aka hot green tea.

I was halfway devouring my food when my brother (finally) arrived.

"You hung up on me!"

"Brother, I was driving. "

"You hung up on me! You're eating without me!"

"Yes, and you're here now. Just sit down and order your food."

While waiting for his food, I was happily eating mine while Duncan watched me eat. It's a little bit creepy, but he does it all the time so I'm used to it.

I was on my last plate, my Gyoza, which I saved for the last when I see a pair of chopsticks heading towards one of my dumplings. I was usually okay with it. This time, when Duncan took my dumpling and placed it in his mouth, I wanted to stop him and I tried to.

I don't usually do this but I burst into tears. It's ridiculous, really, as I usually can't finish my dumplings so I was okay with him eating some.

However, I'm not sure why but I just cried out loud and I wanted to hurt him for taking my food.

Like I said, I don't usually act like this so Duncan was really surprised which you can tell by how his eyes started widening and he was flailing his arms at me trying to calm me down.

It works though, as the next minute I was laughing at how stupid he looks.

While I was laughing, my dear brother was straightening his suit after all the arm exercises he just did. His food came and I picked up my chopsticks to take his food.

"So, what news did you bring?"

He looked up at me for a while before he recalls his purpose of meeting up with me.

"There's going to be an event and you're invited, actually it's compulsory for you, to attend. Mum and dad really want you to attend this year, so please for their sake, just attend it this once."

I stared at him for a while, I thought of the pros and cons before I gave him my reply. There was a moment of silence while Duncan wait for me to think things through.

With a sigh, "Okay, I'll go. Text me the details."

I could tell he was relieved to hear me say yes, he probably thought I'll say no since I've never attended any public events held by my parents.

Why, you ask?

Well, that's because I know that people will try to get close to me on purpose after knowing I'm of influential background.

I've seen how superficial people can get and I don't want to always question the people that approach me. I'm no longer that naive girl people believe I am. I've definitely learnt from my mistakes.

I promised myself not to think of what happened in the past but it still hurts to know that he never cared about me. No Ruby, don't cry over a guy like that anymore.

"How's Olivia and Maya? Why aren't they with you?"

In case you're wondering who are they, Olivia is Duncan's wife and Maya is their newborn baby.

"They're good, I don't want Maya to catch a cold in this weather so Olivia is at home playing with her. You can come visit them if you want to."

"That'd be great! Let's go, brother. It's been so long since I've seen them."

Duncan went to pay for the food while I wait outside for him. Since we both drove here, we're just going to meet at his house instead.

I'm so excited! I can't wait to see Maya!

________________________

Chapter five.

Votes and comments motivates me to write!

Goal: 100 votes

It's something that I wish to acheive but it does not mean that I won't update if I don't reach my goal so don't worry but please do vote :)

FOLLOW|VOTE|COMMENT|