FOUR

-Ruby's POV-

There's no other choice. It's too late to find a replacement so I'll have to be the replacement.

With a soft sigh, I stood up and head to the dressing room at the back of the stage.

It was a mess, there were camera crew and models running all over the place, clothes and props were scattered all over that there's barely room to walk, and noise so loud I'm surprised people outside aren't running over to see what's happening.

I walked over to look at how the model is doing after her fall, to check on her and see if she is alright. However, before I could show my concern, I was pulled away to be shoved into a dressing room.

There were people fussing over my hair, my face, undressing and dressing me all immediately after each that I was feeling so overwhelmed even before I went out on the runway.

Probably noticing how immediately my face turned pale, I was given a cup of water to quench my thirst and then brought over to the sofa to relax my nerves.

"30 seconds!"

And there I went, pulled from where I was seating and rushed to the curtains to put on my prop for the finale.

"15 seconds!"

Taking a deep breath, I tried to calm my beating heart.

"Get ready!"

I can hear the music stop.

"3!"

"2!"

"1!"

"Go, Go, Go!"

On cue, Me and My Girls by Selena Gomez started and that was my signal. Off I went, past the curtains and into the bright lights.

By the way, this piece I am wearing is my favourite out of all.

I strut down the runway all the while freaking out inside my head

I strut down the runway all the while freaking out inside my head. I'm the designer, I'm not the model. Oh my god, what am I suppose to do? What am I doing?

Now is not the time for me to freak out. I'm wearing such a beautiful piece, I should enjoy this. Also, I have a show to finish. With that, I cleared my mind, telling myself to just do what the models do and walked down the runway.

I have nothing to fear. Besides, I have some experience in modelling, although it's not of me walking down runways. I know it's not much but at least it's something, and the girls did share some tips with me.

Chin up, back straight, smile, relax and be confident.

I walked with a slight bounce in my steps, enjoying the music and bright lights, and soon enough, I've reached the end of the runway. Smiling my best, I twirled, danced a little to the music , turned left and right before I sashayed back to the start of the runway.

The models walked out from behind one by one , standing side by side, they wait for me to join them.

I stood in the centre, surrounded by all my models, where I was handed the microphone to make my final speech to mark the end of the fashion show.

The music stopped and there was silence as everyone turn and wait for me to speak.

"I hope that each and everyone of you, both models and guests, have enjoyed the show. This is the end of the fashion show. A huge shoutout to everyone for this would not be a success without you. Before we start the auction, do enjoy the refreshments provided while the staffs are going around handing out your number card for the auction. Thank you!"

So, there will be a 30 minutes break before the auction commence for the guests to take a break and mingle around. It's also the time for the staffs to prepare all of the necessary changes.

The 30 minutes went past in a blur and soon, the guest were led to the auction room just beside the fashion show through the door connecting to the next room.

The guests were all seated row by row in front of the stage. Soon, the auction started and the items on auction were being sold off one by one. There were only 5 items in this auction and so far we have already managed to raise up to $7 million and there is only one last item left. The Diamonde, the diamond necklace I wore for together with my final piece.

"This necklace is a work of art, personally designed by the one and only Ruby's Diamond, one of the most prestige and well-known diamond company. Ruby's Diamond is a family business that I'm sure many of you are aware of, dated back to the 1800s, where they started out as just a small business. Although they are very well-known and prestige, this family is very private, and to be able to own an item designed by them is truly an honour. How about we start the bidding price at $2 million?"

Many bidders are interested in this last piece and soon, the price has increased to almost $12 million.

Currently, the highest bidder goes to a Mr. Pierce.

"Calling once, Calling-"

"$20 million."

It's as if you can hear a pin drop in this silence.

"Calling once, calling twice. Sold to Mr. Alexander Dixon for $20 million!"

I was in shock. $20 million?

I can't believe it. This was a huge success!

Just who exactly is this Alexander Dixon, that he is willing to spend such a huge amount on a necklace albeit from a renown designer. Nevermind that, it's not my business anyway.

After the success of my fashion show, my crew and I went out to celebrate. At about 3am, we parted ways and we returned to our individual homes. When I've reached home, I went to shower and change into my loose t-shirt and boxer shorts, brushed my teeth and went to sleep after such a long day.

________________________

Chapter four.

Votes and comments motivates me to write!

FAN|VOTE|COMMENT|