13

"Matt, have you eaten yet?" I asked as I entered my room.

"No I was just about to cook. You sure you don't want me too?" he asked as I got out the last of the bacon and eggs.

"No. I can cook, you should get ready."

"Cool, but what would I change into? I'm guessing I wouldn't have time to go home?"

"My clothes should fit you just find something in the wardrobe, but my jeans won't fit you I'm sure." I cracked the eggs into a bowl and started to make scrambled eggs and bacon.

"OK yeah sure... Um I'm sorry you didn't get to be alone with her, you know?"

"Yeah I know, thanks."

Matt ate and I thought over the plan. It could work, if we were strong enough and if we worked together. But, that might not happen. Damon might not want to work with us and Matt might get hurt badly, which would slow us down. A lot.

At 10 we went out to the front of the crumbling old building, meeting Stefan and Elena on the way down.

"You OK Jack?" Elena's soft voice asked, breaking through my thoughts.

"I will be. Underground is my home, and we'll get Devlina back?" I couldn't stop the worried tone of my voice from turning that into a question.

"Yes, we'll get her back." That was Stefan, from behind us.

"Right..." my voice trailed off as we walked to meet Bonnie and Damon, both already here.

"Are you ready to leave then? Wolf boy?"

"Shut up Damon! Yes let's go" I tapped the ground a few times to find the right spot to breath through. When I found the weakest spot, the ground broke through into a portal to the dark dimension. "You all ready?"

"Is that safe?"

"Yes, it's safe Elena, it's the same way I got to this universe"

"Let's go!" Damon pushed Matt down the hole with the girls, "Stefan get down there now and keep them in line!" the command in Damon's voice almost made me go down with Stefan, who was now within the dark dimension like the others.

"You're ready for this then?"

"Of course I am, weakling. Now jump." I jumped with him just behind me as my portal shut.

Me and Damon land softly on our feet. The dark dimension is a city lock in eternal sunset. One bright sun sat low in the sky, casting an orange red light over everything. Two silver moons hung either side of the sun.

"You get used to it after awhile" Bonnie whispered in my ear.

"No problem, I grew up where the only light was from the glow of lava."

Damon walked off and Stefan chased after him,leaving me with the humans.

"I guess we follow them then?" Matt asked, pushing Elena and Bonnie forward gently.

"Yes we do." we followed the vampires around the crowded streets, ignoring the glares of vampires until I locked my fangs in place and ended up intimidating them all. Devlina must have done a number on my sent for vampires to be afraid of me.

Damon lead us to a victorian/gothic style house and opened the doors for us, "He's expecting me, so I assume he will try and kill the rest of you first"

"Damon, you are not leaving us" Stefan snarled at his brother.

"Of course I won't, bother you know me."

A human stood near the door, she was thin and dirty. Her skin covered in bruises and scars.

"Who are you all?" her voice was soft and weak.

I bowed for her "My name is Jack Wolve."

"Amy, we are here to see your master." Damon's voice was velvety and controlling, the brown haired girl nodded and lead us to a study.

"of course, Montemory is in the study" she opened the door and Damon lead the rest of us through.

Montemory was big. I had faced vampires before but none quite this big. Although, it wasn't his size that scared me, that didn't matter. He smelt strongly of power and blood. I was stuck as a human, so if it came to a fight I wouldn't be much help.

"Damon! I haven't seen you for a long time."

"I'm here for a friend." Damon's teeth showed like knifes and Stefon and I dropped our own in place.

"and what friend would that be? All I see are snacks." He let his own curled, thin fangs slide into place. Only the original vampires had fangs this thin and sharp.

"So you're not quite lying, you're just not Luke." I let my voice slur into a growl.

"And what, may I ask, are you?" he turned his cold, yellow eyed gaze on me.

"I am Jack Wolve. Youngest son of the Alpha of the Ground Wolf pack. I believe you met my sister." I bowed like I was taught, in respect to my elder. He may believe he was my better as well but my power had already started to kick in. If I stayed respectful I could get him to do anything.

"Yes, that pretty bitch was tasty." From my side I heard Damon's growl, low and loud, a clear warning that he was about to lose his cool.

"She was a powerful pup, but she was still growing." Damon's low growl increased as I spoke. "But I know my sister is still alive. We spoke to her."

"How good for you, young man."

"Now as you can tell, Damon is about to rip out your throat and you can he can. You can smell the power and anger on him that is enough to overpower you and an army." as if proving my point Damon took a step forward and his eyes had an unearthly dark glow about them. "So the best thing to do would be to let my sister go now, before I get annoyed."

Watching Damon, Montemory ignored the warning in my voice "What are you going to do child, you're nowhere near as strong as your sister."

"I'm going to rip out your guts and skin you, but first I'm going to make you drink my blood, so anything I do won't kill you until I will it too. I', going blind you, rip out and burn your brain." I let my eyes glow a soft gold "So your best option here is to open that portal and let my sister go!" my snarl joined Damons and I hear Stefon start to growl himself. We had the older vampire cornered, with no way out or backup.

Montemory soon gave in, I cut off my power over him as he opened a portal on the floor. Damon jumped at him and ripped out the older vampire's throat without warning, then came to help me with Devlina.

***

The darkness opened up above me and jack looked through

"Devlina? What have you been doing? Come on sis get up." Jack's voice was calming and his eyes glowed slightly to calm me even more.

I stood slowly and watched as two hands reached to get me, one was from my brother of course and the other was from Damon. Together they pulled me out and I collapsed against Damon's cold, solid form. Jack had walked off to the body laying on the floor, I couldn't see it and before I had the chance he sent it tumbling down into a dimension beneath the one we were currently in.

I soon passed out.