1

I had decided to take a break and settle down for a year or 2 and found a powerhouse of a town called Fells Church. I had enrolled at a school but not found any place to stay, which was fine as I could sleep in the woods surrounding the town for awhile. This was going to be my first week at a school for 500 short human years.

 On my first day I walked into the school's main office which was a welcoming room in a small building near the school gates. The walls were white and the floors a light grey carpet. The sofa style chairs along the walls were two shades darker grey compared to the floors. There was a built in desk along the wall opposite the double glass doors.

 "Hello, how can I help you young man?" The woman at the desk had dark brown hair and brown eyes, she was wearing a crisp white blouse.

 'Ha "young man" I'm 1,500 in your years.' I thought as I turned around to face the pretty woman behind the desk.

"Err, yes I enrolled here last week and today is my first day."

"Ok, what's your name?" she was probably in her twenties and very good looking.

"Jack Wolve."

"Thank you, if you would like to sit down this shouldn't take very long."

I walked off to sit on one of the grey chairs that were placed along the walls of the small office room I was in.

'I can't go home without my sister, I was only sent out here to find her as I'm weak and can't fight in any war...'

"Ok Jack I've found your books." The woman said interrupting my thoughts. "Your timetable is in your planner, there is also a map printed in the back cover." She said handing me an A5 black book with Planner and my name printed on the front in silver. "And your work books and stay in your locker." She explained as she handed me a key and a pile of colored A4 books. Each subject had a different colour and each book had their subject printed on the front and a space for the students and teachers names.

"Thank you! But what lesson should I go to now?"

"ok, so, when the bells goes you should go to your third lesson then its lunch. You're welcome to stay in here or wait outside" She smiled as she spoke but I knew what she saw in me, my clothes were dirty from sleeping ruth and my face and hands were bruised from being in street fights with humans and monsters, she thought I was trouble.

"As kind as you are I think I would prefer to wait outside." I put my books in the backpack I had bought only last week.

"Of course."

I walked out of the office and found a bench to sit on.

A ground wolf is the strongest monster alive and the newest but I don't even have enough power to transform into a wolf. A ground wolf is like a werewolf mixed with a vampire we can hunt as humans with fangs or as a black wolf. But officially we are a mix of dark power, light magic, lava, vampires and werewolves.

I am like a vampire with some extra power that I can't use as I don't know how. I know I am weak but I would die just to see my sister safe one more time.

'What's wrong with this place? Something's not right.' I can kind of tell when another monster is nearby. 'Everyone should be in class no one should be behind me.'

'Well young man I feel very welcome now!' said the boy behind me, but he said it in my head.

"What are you?" I didn't even bother about being the prince I am I just turned around and shouted at him. The boy was probably 18 and he had straight black hair and dark grey almost black eyes. He was wearing black on black, black jeans, black t-shirt and a black leather jacket.