12

So far so good, I'd talked with Jack about my situation and even had time to talk about what had happened at home before Jack had left. I think Damon will be of use to me and maybe even the Gods, maybe I could clear the Death Twins name with one vampire. All I could do from here was give Jack the scent of a true royal ground wolf. That was easy, he had the power inside him he just didn't know how to access it.

I made my way into Damon's dream once I sensed he was finally asleep. I brought us into a dark forest and walked over to him as a wolf then took my half form to talk to him.

"Devlina, again?" he seemed to snap out of a trance as he spoke.

"Yep the very same wolf! Did you get the meeting?" I found myself taking his hand.

"Yes." Damon shook his hand from mine and walked around in the clearing. A cold light was in his eyes as he walked.

"Jack mentioned the Death Twins. Would you like to know what happened to them, one was your own creator you have a right to know their story." I let my half form shimmer back down to my human form.

"Yes..." his voice was so quiet I don't think a vampire would have hear him from the distance I was at.

"OK. Luna and Lucifer were the first of the God's children who had to prove themselves before becoming a God. They were so pale with such dark hair and eyes that they looked like death, you kind of look like them actually. Anyway, Luna created the moon while she was young but Lucifer was brought under the influence of Darkness at around the same time. Lucifer created demons, or damons in the original language of the Gods. Lucifer's dad went to him to help him return from Darkness. Once Lucifer was released and realised what he had done he accepted his dad's help. Lucas is Lucifer's father and the God of souls. Lucas put a soul into the first ever demon. Lucifer was punished for allowing himself to be used by Darkness. Hell was created just for him and later used to place the souls of humans that were so bad not even Lucas could get any good from them. Luna has a chance to release her twin from his prison by creating a creature for good. Vampires were her first try, they were used for war and when they got their freedom most gave into hate and were proven to be more evil than good in their natural form, made vampires are different as they still have a human soul. Luna then created werewolves but when given freedom they mated with hell hounds and sided with hate. Then she tried ground wolves, but because of our human side she herself was punished and we still have to prove ourselves to free our Goddess' twin." I finished looking over at Damon's back as I absently played with fire in one hand.

"So we really are too proud?" Damon's voice was emotionless, and as he turned to me his black eyes were blank.

"I thought you would ask about your name but yes the vampires were too proud and the ones not sent to earth turned to hate. The ones on earth turned against the most powerful because he begged the God who sent them to let the others have a chance to die because he found his life such a torture."

"Yes, I would have asked about my name. I really resemble twin Gods?"

"Yes, your eyes are dark very nearly black, your hair is dark deep black like theirs and your skin was pale even as a human, am I right?"

"Yes. You are just a child how can you know all this?" Damon step towards me again, his eyes looked a deep black in the low-light of the woods.

"Remember that in your time I would be around 1,390 years old, and ground wolves have been given the ability to see all of time and space so that we can learn and understand what we will."

"Of course. Why are you talking to me and not your brother?" this time Damon walked back up to me and run a finger down my arm taking my hand again.

"Jack's still hunting. he doesn't need to sleep. Actually we, ground wolves, fight better if we don't sleep but hunt for the night."

"You going to stay here all night?" Damon's voice was cold and he threw my hand down like I had burnt him.

"Even your mind is better than complete darkness!" I flashed into my half form again holding small flames in my hands, "You think I want to be here?!"

"WO! Calm down little wolf. I never meant anything by it. But maybe you could prove yourself to be stronger than me? I don't want to save anyone weak."

"Ok, I'll try not to weaken you too much. I don't want to be saved by someone weak."

"Pick your form then bring it on!" Damon took up a crouch and I chose my wolf form and loved the shock in Damon's eyes as he saw I came up to his waist.

'What's wrong? scared to fight a baby wolf?' my thoughts filled the clearing.

"Never. Bring. It. On!" he looked right at me and jumped.