Chapter Four

April's POV

He was nice enough to let me tag along with him to the stream. Before we left the house he was suddenly asking me about my dad. What a weird way to start up a conversation with someone who kidnapped you. He's probably afraid my family is going to seek him out, which I hope they are currently doing. Dad has a lot of authority and money in almost every part of the world and he's definitely going to safe me. I ignored every one of his questions imaging he's not even here with me. Why the sudden friendliness? His conscious was probably eating him. He was just doing this to get rid of his guilt. I hope he suffer from a disease that even God himself can't cure. I rolled my eyes. Where the hell was the stream? My legs were killing me and I felt like I would faint any time now. I stopped and lean against a hard sturdy tree. For the first time since I left the house or should I say my jail, I notice the surrounding. It was breathtaking. Trees were all over the ground, like a forest. Shit! What if I'm in a forest? I mentally laughed at myself for having such ridiculous thoughts. There were no forest muchless trees around or even close to my neighborhood back home. Yeah, I know right. But you can't really blame anyone. The folks where I grew up were all wealthy people. They look at trees as if it's a danger to human kind, which is so ironic since we're alive because of the oxygen produced by trees. I don't even know the reason why the Mayor had the trees cut down. All I know was that the community agreed to it. And here I thought rich people were supposed to be smart.
"Are you finish staring at the tree? We need to get going." his voice was like that of an angel but I knew better. Beneath his innocent charm was the devil waiting to be unleashed. If he really thought I couldn't see his true colours. The bastard he really is. I stumped away from the tree and continue waking in the direction before me. I had the urge to give him a piece of my mind but I need to be sensible. There's no way he'll still allow me to wash if I lash out at him now. I knew he was just behind me, his whistling was so annoying. If I could, I would put a huge lock on his lips and throw the key at the bottom of the sea. I was so angry that I accidentally stepped in pop and I didn't realize until the scent hit me. My nostrils flare up and my breakfast was on its way up my throat. I moved away from the disgusting sight on the ground and start emptying my stomach on a tiny plant. That wasn't my motive but I couldn't hold my vomit any longer. I pity that poor plant. Hope it'll treat my vomit as a substitute for water and thank me for my generosity. There was a stifling sound above me and my head immediately looked up. That son of a gun. He was laughing at me. One of his hand was over his mouth and the other was on his stomach. He should just die from laughter. His lips were tightly shut but I could still see the curve at the end of his mouth. I glared at him hoping he'll see how angry I was and apologize. How dead wrong I was. He shrugged his shoulder and went ahead of me. I stared at the most annoying person I ever encountered in the twenty years of my life. His body was slightly shaking. Was he feeling cold? Then it hit me, he was still having his moment. Okay, since you enjoy laughing that much I'll give you something to laugh about. I smiled to myself. He's so gonna regret he kidnapped me.

__________________________________
How do you enjoy the book so far? They seem to be getting friendlier, don't you think? Kindly leave a vote.