Chapter 6: What's With Him Today//Plan Set in Motion

>*A/N* Sorry for taking so long but here's a chapter, I'm typing out Chapter 7 tomorrow thank you for being patient!This isn't spell checked or even read over so there will be multiple mistakes but it's late and I want to go to sleep, I love you all!<

Aubrees P.O.V.

I get into the house, and everyone seems to be sleeping. So I jog upstairs half missing the 3rd step and catching myself. "Klutz." Making my way to my bedroom, I throw my bag and jacket onto my bed and head into the bathroom to wash my face before bed. Once I'm finished I put on my pink checkered pj shorts and my white tank top and plop down onto my bed. I turn on my laptop and grab my psychology textbook, just as I'm reading about nightmares and now they affect your daily life, my phone pings. It's a message from a number I don't recognize, it's probably one of the boys. I was right, it's Zander.

Hey, just texting to say goodnight, my sister says goodnight too :) Sweet Dreams! -Z

Hey! Tell Andie I say goodnight and since I'm studying with Oby tomorrow anyway want to give me a ride to school? -Aubree

I didn't need a ride to school and I don't know why I asked either. That's a lie, I want to see the reaction I can get out of my parents. Just as I get back to researching my phone pings again.

Yeah for sure I'd love to give you a ride! :) -Z

I smile at Z's text and type a quick response,

Awesome thanks see you tomorrow! -Aubree

I shut my laptop and I plug in my phone checking to make sure my alarms are on when I get one last text.

Sweet dreams Aubree :) -Z

I smile as I cuddle into my pillow excited to see my friends tomorrow... because I actually have friends.

*Next Morning*

I wake up to my alarm and get up walking to my shower, I blow dry my hair and put my mascara on. I pick out my blue Guess jeans, black Diamond sweater, brown heeled boots and of course my leather jacket. I grab my bag and shove my textbooks and laptop inside. I continue to grab my phone and keys making my way downstairs. Once I hit the bottom step, I hear my dad, "Good morning bug, I heard you made some friends." That didn't take long. I hum a quick yes and head to the pantry where my honey combs are, "The Devils Saints, huh?" I pour my bowl and stand beside the island, my dad at the table, newspaper and coffee per usual. "I've met some members before they're nice people. I bought part of their business." I look up and swallow the cereal in my mouth.

"So I've heard. I like Z and the boys, most of them are in my classes and Mr. and Mrs. Cane are paying me to tutor Oby in calculus." My dad looks at me with his mouth wide open. This is the most I've talked to my family since I found out I was adopted.

"Well I don't like them and neither does mom." It's Derek who speaks up, while he and my mom come out of the office. Obviously they were eavesdropping. I smirk as I put my bowl in the sink and rinse it, before putting it in the dishwasher. I walk to the chair where my bag is and smile to myself while Derek watches me closely waiting for me to respond, well you're going to hate who I'm going to school with, I think to myself. "So I think you shouldn't hang out with them and mom agrees with me."

"I don't" dad finally recovers and smiles at me. Derek glares at dad while mom just frowns "I think it's good you're tutoring Oswald Cane, he's a nice boy and they're a nice family" I smile again, it's nice to have someone on my side. "I've met their parents a few times. I'm not worried have fun." Dad's quiet for a moment and signals me to come over so I do. He leans into me and in a hushed tone says, "I'll talk to your mom, I'm proud of you for making friends." I smile as Derek goes off about how they're dangerous people and how dad's not thinking and blah blah blah.