Chapter 58: Escape

I honestly have no idea how long it's been, I still have the IV fluids going through my veins so I'm constantly in and out of sleep, completely unaware of what time or day it is. Every time I wake up a new song is on and I actually like it, it keeps me out of my thoughts. Plus on the commercial breaks the people talk about things that happen and it makes me feel like I actually am aware of the world outside when in reality I'm completely clueless.

I hear someone walk in and look to see Whitney but surprisingly she's not carrying a tray, instead she's carrying the key to my handcuffs for my morning stretch and a....a cell phone.

My eyes widen as I look at it then at her.

" I know, I know. "

She says, quickly unlocking my handcuffs.

" We need to hurry before Mr.Edwards figured out he left it behind, I already called the police and told them the address, we could hide in the woods until they come. "

She tells me and I quickly nod. She takes my IV out carefully and we get a clean sock from the dresser to hold to it and apply pressure instead of gauze which we don't have. I put on one of Mr.Edwards shirt so that I'm not naked and we quickly run out the door, we go to open the front door but it's locked, Whitney, looking very determined looks around and then takes a lamp and with all her strength throws it through the window.

" Come on, quickly! "

She says and I'm about to go out the window when we hear a car door slam and sense we don't hear sirens we know it's Mr.Edwards.

" Come on, follow me. "

She says and grabs my hand as I follow her down to the basement, the music echoes off the walls adding dramatic effect and I hate it, it only makes me even more uneasy than I already am. The song playing I recognize as " Sirens " by Fleurie but this song only makes me wish we could hear the sirens too, the police sirens.

Whitney points above her head to a tiny window with broken glass around it, it had been broken before we went down here but Mr.Edwards probably didn't bother to fix it.

Whitney is just about to lift me up so I can get out the window when we hear a gun being loaded.

" Well isn't this a sight. "

I hear Mr.Edwards say.