Chapter 38: Road Trip To Hell

I wake up in the passenger seat of a moving car and at first my vision is blurry but after blinking a few times it becomes clearer. I look around confused and then I spot Mr.Edwards in the drivers seat to busy looking at the road to notice I'm awake. I accidentally gasp and he glances over at me.

" I see you're finally awake. "

He says smiling at me. I notice something in the mirror and I turn around to see Whitney and Lilly in the backseat with duct tape on their mouths looking completely comfortable like this is the most normal thing in the world.

" Mr.Edwards what's going on? "

I ask slowly and he chuckles.

" I thought you already figured this out at prom yesterday? "

Yesterday? How long have I been unconscious?

" You're the killer? How could you kill all four of those innocent people! "

" I only killed three of them, I would never hurt Maria. "

He says in a serious tone looking sad.

" You still killed three people! That's not a good thing! How could you do such a thing? I thought you were the good guy!"

" I am the good guy! "

He screams at me causing me to jump.

" How could you possibly be the good guy? You killed three innocent people, kidnaped a girl, caused that girl to kill herself, stalked me, and now you're kidnaping three more girls! "

" If you actually shut that pretty but annoying mouth of yours maybe I will explain. "

He tells me. In my mind I'm crossing my fingers that there's a reasonable explanation for all of this and that he really is the good guy or that maybe this is just some crazy dream.

Sadly I don't think life is ready to give me such a huge miracle.