Twiggy Gets Wasted

When Newt turned around to see what Tegwen was pointing out, he wasn't sure what to expect, but after dealing with so many fantastic beasts in his lifetime, he should have had some guess. But what he saw would leave him speechless after he noted that he did indeed see what Tegwen did. 

Standing behind them and growing in height with every passing second was Freud. The plant had gone from the pocket size sprout that rested in Tegwen's bag, to a creature that was competing in height with the giants across from them. All of his sharp teeth were exposed, showing the rows upon rows of blades that he used to snatch up his prey, no matter the size.  The dark red petals spread out like a fiery mane as Freud's vines gently moved around, wrapping themselves about Tegwen protectively. The plant pulled the woman back and before Newt could react, he found himself being tugged back as well. Freud placed the two behind him as he sized up the giants.

With Pickett nowhere to be seen, Newt suddenly fell into a panic, believing the worst had happened to his faithful companion. He called out for the bowtruckle when suddenly he heard the loud clicking.

"Pickett?"

"There!" Tegwen called pointing in the direction of Freud's head. Newt craned his neck and looked up to see Pickett resting on top of Freud's head, with a front row seat to the showdown that was about to take place. 

"What's happening?" He asked Tegwen, but the woman seemed just as clueless to the situation as he was. 

"I don't know, I've never seen him get to this size! Back in New York, he got pretty big, but not this big!"

The ground beneath them shook bringing them to look back at the Giants. They were surprised to see the two giants from earlier retreating as they took several steps back. Bargik didn't look like he was going to back down as easily though as he let out a chilling and mighty yell into the air. He took a thunderous step forward nearly knocking Tegwen and Newt to the ground, but Freud's vines kept a sturdy hold around them. 

Pickett let out several chirps and clicks that resembled what Newt would assume to be a battle cry, making the man question what the hell was about to take place. He tried to reach for his wand, but Freud's grip was too strong that he couldn't free his arms.

"Can you reach your wand?" He called over to Tegwen, but the woman seemed to be in the same predicament as she shook her head. 

Bargik went to lift up a large dead trunk of a tree to swing about as a weapon, but Freud was much faster than the giant, grabbing the trunk and snapping it in half. Newt grimaced as he felt some of the vines tighten around his torso and hoped that Freud didn't do the same thing to him as he had done to the trunk. 

"Uh Freud," Newt said in a loud voice. "Just a reminder that you don't have to hold us any tighter than this."

Freud ignored the man as his attention was set on the gurg that let out another angry yell into the air. However, it would do him no good as the other two giants had taken off. 

"They're afraid," Tegwen said under her breath. "The giants are afraid of this species of plant....yes! Go Freud! I knew I liked this plant for a reason!"

She glanced over at Newt who was giving her a bewildered look. She flashed him a smile before patting her hands against the vines. Freud's grip loosened giving her a chance to climb out and climb up the vine towards Freud's head.

"Twiggy, what are you doing?!" Newt asked her.

"I have no idea, I'm just kinda going with it!" She told him as she continued climbing. Newt followed her actions and patted against the vines to get them to release him and began to climb as well. They were only about halfway up Freud's height when Bargik came charging in their direction.