Cuddling...for Health Reasons?

Tegwen had long left the case after feeding the Occamies and retreated back up the steps to get ready for bed

Tegwen had long left the case after feeding the Occamies and retreated back up the steps to get ready for bed. She still hadn't figured out what she was going to present to the Gurg in order to gain access to the land, but she was just going to worry about it in the morning. Slipping into her sleepwear, she crawled into bed and rested her head down on the pillow. Suddenly, she heard a click causing her to jump.

"Pickett?" She lifted her head and saw the bowtruckle climb down from her hair. She let out a small laugh as he settled down on her pillow. "What are you doing there? I didn't even realize you had hitched a ride, you sneaky little thing."

He clicked at her before letting out a light sigh, cradling a lock of her hair as he went to fall asleep.

"Did you leave him down there all by yourself?" She asked Pickett in a whisper. "I don't think that was such a wise thing to do. He'll probably just end up working through the night, won't he? That's not good for him, Pickett."

The bowtruckle clicked back at her as if he was trying to tell her that there was no reasoning with the man. 

She gave a small laugh before resting back into her pillow and smiling at Pickett. " I know, he is rather stubborn, isn't he? But I think it's safe to say that you're a bit stubborn yourself, Pickett."

Reaching a finger out, she poked him in the middle but Pickett reached out and coiled around her finger, with a small chirp of a noise that resembled a baby bird. 

"I didn't take you for the type to be very cuddly," She mused  as she placed her hand down allowing him to rest beside her.

"He's very cuddly actually!"

"Merlin!" She rolled off her bed at the sound of Newt's voice, crashing to the ground along with Pickett. She peeked over her bed and saw Newt standing outside of his case and closing it over while he looked in her direction. Pickett climbed up her hair and looked over at Newt as well. 

"Uh...how long have you been standing there?" She asked scratching her arm nervously. 

"How long have I been standing here or how much did I hear?" Newt questioned. "Which one do you want to know?"

Tegwen pressed her lips together. "Both works," she answered.

"Well, to answer both, I've been standing here long enough to hear everything you said. Mostly the part about how I'm incredibly stubborn."

The woman turned a bright red as she slowly lowered herself back down, only her eyes peering over the bed as she continued looking in Newt's direction.

"I didn't mean it in a bad way, I think most people are incredibly stubborn in their own way," she added quickly. "But perhaps you're not as stubborn as I think, maybe I'm just mistaking your dedication for stubbornness."

Newt watched as the woman continued to ramble on and on before she covered her head completely with the covers on the bed. Her voice eventually trailed off and the only sounds that could be heard were of Pickett's clicking.  Closing his case over, he made his way over to her bed and sat on the edge, right next to where Tegwen was hiding on the floor. He sat quietly for a few moments, waiting for her to come out, but she remained still and quiet.