Chapter 1

"Ladybug!" Chat Noir yelled after his teammate. "Come back! It's a trap!" But the red-costumed girl was gone. Chat Noir broke into a spring, desperate to catch up. Ladybug was so stubborn. He loved that about her, but in cases like this, that attitude could get her in trouble...or hurt. Chat ran, and arrived just in time to see the villain hit Ladybug with a white ray of light. She screamed in agony and collapsed to the ground, dropping the small object that she'd held in her hand.

"No!" Chat cried in anguish. The villain turned her head. She snorted and aimed at Chat. He leapt down, pouncing on her and removing her headband, where he believed the akuma to be hidden. He ran towards Ladybug, and snatched the yoyo from her hand. This had better work, Chat thought before snapping the headband in half. Sure enough, a black-and-purple butterfly fluttered from the break in the headband. Chat grasped the yoyo and purified the akuma. Surprisingly, it worked. He awkwardly yelled out, "Miraculous Ladybug!" after picking up Ladybug's Lucky Charm object ( a small bungee cord) and throwing it into the air. Miraculously, it worked. Swarms of magical Ladybugs flew throughout Paris and repaired the damage left by the angry, ruinous supervillain, whose disguise faded away. Chat knelt near Ladybug.

"Ladybug," he whispered. "Ladybug, wake up, wake up!" The heroine didn't move. Chat tried to whisper calmly and keep his cool, but he was panicking. His heart beat quicker than an akuma's wings, and the world seemed to blur. His mouth was dry as he whispered again. "Ladybug!" There was no sign of consciousness from the girl. "My lady, please!" Chat sobbed, holding his partner's hand to his chest. "Please, I love you! I need you! Wake up, wake up!" He broke down, hugging his partner close to him, wailing miserably,

The girl who had been akumatized ran over to the heroes. "Chat Noir! What happened? I think I got akumatized, but is Ladybug okay?" Chat ignored her, too afraid to pay attention to anything else. Something was wrong with his lady. The girl began to cry. She grabbed Ladybug's wrist.

"Chat Noir, look!" the girl gasped. "She has a pulse! She's still alive!"

Chat leapt up, a ray of hope shining inside of him immediately. He too grabbed Ladybug's wrist, feeling a steady beat. "You're right!" He said to the girl. He looked down lovingly at Ladybug's face. She was beautiful, even with the bloody scrape on her cheek. "Don't worry, Ladybug. We'll get help." He turned to the girl. "Thank you."

The black-clad hero lifted Ladybug into his arms. He slipped behind a building and paused. Ladybug's earrings beeped, signifying that she was about to revert back to her civilian form. Glowing pink light surrounded Ladybug, and she detransformed.