Chapter 43 ~ The Seven Stars

~Let the seven stars shine bright tonight~

Leo PoV

We took Josh's dad to the nursing home as Christian drove us back to the house. It was a silent ride but I guess we didn't really have much to talk about.

"We should get something for Mark to eat", I say to him.

"Yeah, we should", he responds.

"So you're getting married. That's exciting", I say to him.

"Yeah, it is but cut the crap. Will you stay by Josh's side or will you walk away again", asks Leo.

"I'll never leave his side again. I swear", I reply.

"I hope so. This is gonna tough on him. He can't do this alone.", warns Christian.

"You don't have to worry. He won't be alone. He's a brave guy but he's still so fragile isn't he?", I say.

"Yeah. Hw always has a habit of putting up a strong front. I hope you can distinguish the two? Also Leo... The way Josh looks at you is the same way Matthew looks at me. Please don't hurt him", says Christian.

"I won't hurt him. I'll never hurt him again", I respond.

"I'm glad to hear that. I'm glad you're here today too, I imagine this situation would be a lot different if you weren't", smiles Christian.

"Yeah. I'm glad I can be there for him.", I say.

"So what do you do now?", asks Christian.

"I own Diamond Star Publishing Company. Have you heard of it?", I ask.

"Have I heard of it? It's one of the biggest publishers... So wait... That means you're Josh's boss", exclaims Christian.

"I built the company to facilitate him, his dream was to become a writer, I'm just giving him the push he needs", I explain.

"So your company is for the sole purpose of Josh?", he asks.

"Yes. Soon we'll be partners.", I smile.

"I'm really glad to hear that", he smiles.

"Yeah, he'll be a great writer one day. I'll make his dream come true", I say.

"Josh never looked towards the future, he always lived in the past, he still thought of you every day. I knew deep down he was torn cause he couldn't save you. It always haunted him and no therapist could've helped him", Christian explains.

"I was a boy back then, now I'm a man. I can think clearly now, I don't plan on letting Josh go, I'll treat him the way he's supposed to be treated. I love him", I whisper.

"Good. I'm glad he has you. I'm sure things will turn out fine.", smiles Christian.

"Yeah I hope so too", I say.

"McDonald's?", asks Christian.

"Sure. I'll get Mark a Happy Meal", I say.

We picked up Marks's lunch and headed back.

"I made my decision. This is what I'm going to do. Mind taking me somewhere Christian?", I say to him.

As I tell Christian my decision his eyes widen in shock, he then smiled.

"Are you sure you want to so this Leo?", asks Christian.

"Yes, I'm sure. I don't want to waste any more time. Time is too precious", I respond.

"Alright. Then I'll support you. Josh will be shocked thou", teases Christian.

"Mind taking Mark for ice cream later?", asks Leo.

"Yeah sure", smiles Christian.

We then arrive back at Josh's old house. I open the door and find them both asleep on the couch. Josh sitting up with his head laid back, Mark on Josh's lap sucking on his thumb. They both looked so adorable and slept so soundly. Waking them would be a disservice to adorable-ness.

"Should we let them sleep?", Christian asks.

"Sure but Mark must be hungry", I reply.

"Ok so. I wanna scope the house out.", says Christian.

"That was your plan all along? Dogging through their house?", I laugh.

"Come on Leo, think about it. Think of how many of Josh's baby photos' are laying around here", says Christian with a smug look on his face.

"Let's go!", I say with stars in my eyes.

Christian then showed me to Josh's room, there I found a notebook entitled "The Seven Stars", seems like Josh wrote a draft when he was younger. It was only 5 pages long so I took my phone camera out and snapped it. I read the first page, wasn't too bad. Josh, it's cute that you wanted to write at such a young age but RIP Grammar. His room was covered with stars that he drew himself, I guess he really does love stars.

I rummage through Josh's room but I couldn't find any pictures. Where would they keep the pictures? Oh, wait... His parent's room!

I hurry along to his parent's room, if they were to hide away pictures then they'd keep it in a box on the shelf of their closet.

I slowly opened the closet and smirked. I see a box on the shelf and slowly opened it, I dig through it to find a picture of Josh, looked like he was about 4 years old. It was a pocket picture so I decided to put it into my wallet. He looked so adorable when he was younger. Oh my god, I'm a pedophile... Pfft no, he's way older now but he's so adorable... Oh my god, I'm a pedo bear.

"What goes on in your head weirdo", I then heard Josh's voice in my head.

Yes, that's exactly what he would say... Anyway time to wake Josh and Mark.