Chapter Ten: Grab Your Things

Naruto bolted home, and refused the angry tears their right to fall. He succeeded with this for quite some time, but eventually his eyelids gave out under the weight of the tears. However this just made him even more angry that he couldn't control his overwhelming emotions.

When he reached his front door he tore it open in rage. Sasuke jumped in surprise,
"Hey, dobe! Calm down the next time, gave me a friggen heart-attack." He grunted.
"Grab your stuff." Was all Naruto said in reply. A sinking stone dropped onto Sasuke's stomach. He felt sick.
"W-what?" He inquired with tears involuntarily filling his eyes.
"Grab your things, we're leaving." Hope rised back into the Uchiha's heart.
"There you go scaring me again!! What the hell is wrong with you?!" He snapped angrily, jumping up from the bed.

He towered over the blonde, but the boy refused to look at the raven-haired man.
"What's wrong!?" Sasuke hissed in annoyance.
"Grab. Your. Things." Naruto annunciated each word as he bent back down and continued to pack. Sasuke picked the fox up by the scruff of his shirt. "H-hey! Let me go!!" Naruto pouted.
"When you explain." The raven-haired boy smirked as Naruto squirmed.
"Since when are you so strong?" He asked rhetorically.
"Haven't I always been stronger than you?" Sasuke teased.
"Let me go, baka-teme." Naruto hissed.
"Not until you explain." Sasuke looked concerned now as he tried once more to gain eye-contact to no avail. "Look at me." He whispered in his most comforting tone. It worked.

Naruto slowly turned his head to look at the Uchiha. "What?"
"Don't 'what' me, you know what." The man chuckled slightly.
"Please... stop asking questions, let's just go." Naruto pleaded.
"Go where?" Sasuke asked.
"Anywhere." The fox continued.
"Then why not stay here?" The man asked
"Anywhere but here." Naruto grunted.
"Why not?"
"Would you just trust me!?" Naruto snapped. Sasuke's stern expression dropped.
"I do Naruto, you know I do. But I'm hated enough enough already, I don't want to be even more so, and I don't want you to be hated either. It's enough for me to be hated isn't it?" Sasuke put the blonde down, and pulled him into an embrace. Naruto wrapped his arms tightly around the raven-haired boy.
"You don't deserve to be hated,"Naruto whimpered. "I went to see Tsunade. I tried to talk to her to make her make a change."
"You did what?!" Sasuke barked.
"I knew you would be angry, so that's why I didn't tell you." Warm, wet tears leaked onto the Uchiha's chest. He softened at he felt the wetness on his bare skin.
"Oh Naruto, I'm okay. We'll be okay, alright? We don't need to run away, that'll only make things worse. We'll work things out, okay?" Naruto shook in the other man's arms. "It's going to be okay." Sasuke soothed, rubbing the blonde's back. "Let me worry about you for once, okay?"