Chapter Five

Glenn went around the front of the car, a arm around Maggie's swollen hips. He lets go of her when she reaches the passenger door, watching as she opened the rusty door with a faint squeak.
Maggie smiled at the sight of her sleeping boy, undoing the lap belt, which caused him to stir a bit, his eyes opening every so slightly.
She lifted her son, who was barely conscious as he pulled his little arms around her neck and drops his head on her shoulder. She kisses his temple, looking at Glenn slightly "what time did y'all leave?" She asks curiously, feeling his arm wrap back around her hips, his finger tips ghosting against her stomach.
Glenn looks to Daryl, looking for approval to go, and receives a nod from Daryl, beginning to walk down the street with Maggie.
"Around 6 this morning...I think, maybe 5:30" he says with a nervous chuckle, kissing her temple. Maggie lets out a scoff "No wonder he's sleeping" she grunts with a playful smirk. She looks to him slightly, noticing his eyes down on their Son and her stomach where their unborn child was tucked in.
"He missed you" Glenn states softly "he's got so many things he wants to tell you about his first run to" he looks back up at her and smiles softly.
She strokes Hershel's hair lightly, kissing his head softly and says "can't wait to hear about it" she looks up, her eyes going to their house, which wasn't far.
Glenn's eyes met their household as well, a large white colored house with flowers planted in the front. A toddler swing hanging from the tall, strong tree in the front.
He smiles to himself, and reaches the walk way, releasing Maggie so she can walk ahead. "Do you want me to take him upstairs?" Glenn asks softly, eyeing her from behind.
Maggie shakes her head slightly, being the stubborn woman she was "no, it's okay. I wanna take him" she reaches the door, reaching for the silver knob, being beat by Glenn.
Glenn pulls the door open with a charming smile, and gestures for her to step in. She lets out a soft laugh, stepping through "thank you kind sir" she hears the door close behind her, and heads for the stairs. She goes up them silently, hearing Glenn drop the bag off his shoulder onto the floor beside the door. She would pick that up later.
She goes into Stevens room, humming softly as she gently unclasps his little hands and lies him down on his small bed. His quilt was a dark navy blue color, folded back neatly at the end of the bed. She tugs the quilt up, and over him, noticing his eyes just barely open.
"Hi mommy" he whispers hoarsely, and sleepily. She smiles at him softly and kisses his forehead "Hi baby, go back to sleep"
He was trying to fight it, she could see it, and she sits on the edge of the bed stroking his hair lightly as she sings the first line of 'The Parting Glass'. She remembered she used to sing the song with Beth, the song always brought tears to her eyes. She lies down beside him slowly, pulling her arms around the young boy, continuing to sing softly.
It wasn't long before both of them were asleep.