Chapter One

Daryl grunted, the cigarette hanging from his dry, cracked lips smoking. He stood in front of an old storefront, the large window was shattered, glass sprinkled across the blood stained, concrete sidewalk. He waited impatiently for the Asian boy, Glenn, to come on out of the pharmacy door across the street. He ran his hand down over his whiskered cheeks, moving the cigarette from his lips and into his hand. Holding it with his middle and pointer finger, blowing smoke out of his mouth silently. His head lifted to the door as it swung open, Glenn stepping out, covered in blood. A walkers he guessed, and hoped.
Glenn was holding the hand of his young boy, waddling beside him
"I d-did it Uncle Daryl!" He exclaims, gripping his fathers hand as he starts to move across the street, practically dragging Glenn along.
"Did what now?" Daryl asks, dropping the cigarette on the ground and stepping on it with his worn leather boot.
"I killed the Walker!" The five year old says happily, and Glenn looks up towards Daryl silently.
Glenn nods slightly "he did" truth was, Glenn had helped him, but he had killed enough walkers in his day.
"Good job" Daryl grunts, rubbing the boys head and looks up at Glenn slightly "his mother gon' be happy we brought him along?"
Glenn faltered, his face showing a bit of nervousness, and he replies "She'll....get over it..." he mumbles, looking down at his son.
Hershel smiled up at Daryl and Glenn happily and grabs Glenn's hand again, pulling him along "Come on! Come on! We have to do it again!" He says happily, pulling on Glenn's arm.
Glenn gripped his machete in his other hand, glancing to Daryl as he shushed the boy "Hush up, your gonn' bring em from every direction"
Hershel nods, going basically silent, other than his light panting as he tries to speed up. Glenn looks down at his son, he wasn't sure if it was a good or bad thing that Hershel wasn't afraid of the Walkers. Daryl walks along, behind Glenn and Hershel, watching as Glenn tries to get Hershel to slow down. "I think we should head back" Daryl grunts "his mother gonn' be worried if she don't know where he is"
Glenn glances back, once again, nervousness on his face "yeah...probably a good idea" he says chuckling nervously, hoping Maggie wasn't awake yet.
-
-
-
Leave some feedback if you liked and want me to continue! I'm keeping the chapters short because it makes it easier to write and more enjoyable for me.💗💖
++
Caitlin