10.ThePrivilegeIsMine

10.

The party died down and soon it was just the convention gang and Jensen. Oscar had managed to have several conversations with Jen that weren't just him babbling incomprehensibly. I was actually pretty proud of him.

Jensen stayed close to my side the entire night, meeting my friends and charming them with his wit and sense of humor. My friends kept coming up to me, telling me how much they loved him and asking where I'd managed to bag myself such a stunning man. I didn't know how to answer them because I wasn't sure if I'd even bagged him yet myself.

We'd both kicked off our shoes by this point, and he was sans jacket sitting in the armchair by the window of the main living room and I was on the arm of the chair, my legs on his lap as his fingers made lazy circles across my knees, the other gripping his whiskey glass as we chatted with Oscar and Levi.

"Let me help you," I said to Kelly again who was running around, tidying up.

"Shut up, you. It's your birthday. I've got this."

I smiled, she really was the best. "Okay," I smirked. "Let Jensen help you." I poked my tongue between my teeth when Jensen's hand stopped moving on my skin.

"Don't throw me in it," Jensen laughed in my ear. I grinned, reaching up to run my hand over his head.

"Sorry, not sorry." I said, leaning down slightly to kiss his forehead.

"I'm fine you guys, I'm almost finished anyway." She shook her head and turned back to the sink.

I giggled and drained my glass of the last of the punch and placed it on the table beside me. I turned back to Jensen and my eyes watched his hand that had continued its patterned movement on my leg. And something caught my eye.

I reached down, lifting his hand and holding it in my own, the fingers of my other hand danced over the ring still sitting on his ring finger.

I felt him tense and he looked up at me, stealing my line of sight.

"We should go talk." He said.

I nodded and climbed off him. We said goodnight to the guys and Jensen went to use the bathroom while I went to give Kelly a hug.

"Did you have a good night?" she asked, wiping the bench down for the last time before turning to me.

I nodded, sleepy and a little drunk. "I did, thank you for being the best." I grinned at her, pulling her into a hug.

"Be careful with him." Kelly whispered in my ear.

I nodded, "I know. I'll try." I replied.

She pulled back, meeting my eyes as she brushed a part of my fringe out of my eyes. "Make sure he deserves you, okay?"

I blinked at her unsure of what she meant and nodded again. "I will."

"Night, Carrie." She let me go and headed off to my room.

"Night, Kell."

I shut my bedroom door after myself and heard Jensen in the shower. I smiled, loving how he'd just made himself right at home. I turned some music on my phone, popping it in its charging station. One of my acoustic playlists started and The Villagers came on. I stripped out of my dress, throwing it over the back of my desk chair and crossed my room to where I kept my jewelry. I took my watch off, putting it away and my earrings and necklace followed.

I heard the bathroom door open and turned to see Jensen leaning in the doorway in only a towel, his upper body glistening from the steam.

"Hey, Ackles." I smiled, putting my hands on my hips.