5. ThisIsHowAHeartBreaks

5.

The guys wanted to go out and get dinner but I was exhausted. I managed to get out of it, faking a headache and made my way back to my room. I let myself in, bee-lining straight to my room. I shed my bag and jacket, kicking my shoes off without unlacing them and fell face first onto the bed. Which was a mistake. Housekeeping hadn't been in and the sheets smelt of Jensen. I rolled onto my back, kicking at the covers.

I wanted to disappear. I wanted to leave. If I hadn't spent a small fortune on this weekend I probably would have.

I heard my phone ring in my jacket pocket and I ignored it, hearing the ringtone fade out. It rang again and I groaned, sliding off my bed onto the ground where my jacket was. I pulled it out, looking at the caller ID.

I tilted my head back against the bed, sliding the green button to the left.

I took a breath. "What?" I huffed like a petulant teenager.

"Are you okay?" Jensen asked, genuine concern evident in his voice.

"I'm peachy. Was that all?"

Jensen sighed. "You're not okay."

I rolled my eyes even though he couldn't see me. "I'm fine, Ackles. Can I go now?"

"Carina...stop being like this please." He said softly. I heard him swallow something.

"Like what?" I asked. "Like a total idiot. That's what I am?"

"You're not an idiot, Carina. Why would you think that?"

"Why do you keep pushing, Jensen? Just stop okay. I forgive you for whatever happened in the lobby. You can stop feeling guilty. I won't tell anyone where you slept last night I swear. Just please, stop okay, I can't take it." I hung up and turned my phone onto flight mode, just wanting a break.

I went into the bathroom and began to run a bath, needing some space. I stripped my clothes and climbed in, putting in my headphones to listen to some music to zone out.

I was half way through one of my relaxation playlists when someone suddenly came barging through the bathroom door.

"JENSEN! WHAT THE FUCK!" I shouted, quickly pulling my legs up to cover my chest, yanking my headphones out of my ears, making sure they, or my phone didn't fall into the water.

"Oh my god, I thought something was wrong when you didn't answer your phone or the door so I went and got a key and let myself in and...oh wow, you're naked." He babbled apologetically before he turned and faced the other way which didn't really do anything since there was a massive mirror.

"WHAT THE LITERAL FUCK IS HAPPENING!" I shouted again. "SHUT YOUR EYES, ACKLES!" I shouted and waited for him to cover his face. I got up out of the bath and wrapped a towel around myself.

"I am so sorry." He said and I rolled my eyes.

"Stop saying that to me." I said more calmly this time as I let the water out of the tub. I grabbed my phone and headphones and the bottom of Jensen's shirt and moved back into the adjoining room. I quickly shut the connecting door in case someone came back. "What are you doing?" I asked, glaring up at him once we were out of the steamy bathroom and I could think more clearly.

He moved his hand from his face. "I was worried."

I shrugged at him. "That gives you zero right to barge into my room."

"I know that now, god I'm sorry."

"Stop saying that to me." I repeated. "I'm fine. As you can see. It's been a long day and I need some time."