The Best Time of Year

Ah, Christmas Day. The day Optimus had planned to spend a bit of time with (Y/n) outside of the base.

And why did he plan this? For (Y/n). For he had overheard that she wished to see snow- even a glimpse of it.

((Which reminds me...HE STILL HASN'T BROUGHT BACK A SNOW BALL FOR RAF ON THAT ONE MISSION WITH ARCEE!!))

And so, here they were in Canada, driving through a snowy road with other vehicles.

"That was fun," (Y/n) said after a couple minutes of silent driving.

"I am glad you enjoyed your time in the snow," Optimus's voice rumbled through the caravan in content.

"Yea. I especially liked the snowboarding part. It was nice of that boy to share his board with me," A small smile then appeared on (Y/n)'s face. "I'm interested in making snowboarding my hobby."

Then at that moment, a thousand scenarios went through Optimus's processor on how many ways (Y/n) could get injured- and how many TYPES of injuries she could get.

"I would, prefer you not to think about that until you are older," Optimus's voiced.

"You worried?" (Y/n) asked. She then tapped her chest. "I can feel it through the bond ya know," Optimus hummed in knowing. "But you know, it would actually be better to make it a hobby since I'm young. My body can become accustomed to the way the board moves and I have a less possibility of breaking my bones!- since younger people have more flexible or bendable bones then older people do,"

Optimus went silent for a few moments before he responded, hesitant at first.

"That...I do not know how else to put this without being blunt, but that isn't very comforting,"

"I, ah, had a feeling you would say that," (Y/n) responded with a sheepish smile.

After a few minutes, they came upon a small, slightly steep road. Nearing and noticing, (Y/n) cried out in shock;

"Wait-Wait-WAIT! Dad, do you have snow tires?! Or chains on the tires?!"

"What exactly are snow tires?-"

And then they went sliding down the hill. Absolutely having no control of the speed.

"WAAAAAAA!!-DAD TO FAST TO FAST!!"

Optimus grunted in shock as this came unexpectedly.

"HOLD ON!" He yelled.

(Y/n) instinctively grabbed onto the seat belt- which Optimus tightened around her.

"THIS ACTUALLY MAY HAVE BEEN FUN IF IT DIDN'T INVOLVE ANYTHING METAL!!" (Y/n) shouted.

"(Y/N) I BEG OF YOU NOT TO GET ANYMORE IDEAS FROM MIKO!"

(Y/n) then noticed that they were getting near the bottom of the road where a red pagani huayra stopped at a red light.