Chapter 1

He never fails to suprise me.

Ever since I first saw him skating.

It's been an unending chain of suprises.

-----

Hi! My name is Marinette Dupain-Cheng! I'm one of many iceskaters representing France in the Grand Prix in Sochi!

... And I just came last in my division.

"No Mom, I-I'm not upset." I lied to her over the phone, sitting in the bathroom stall, "It's fine. I'll... I'll get better. WHAT?!? YOU HAD A PUBLIC VIEWING?!! Oh no... WHAT DO YOU MEAN I'M ON SPEAKER?!?" I screamed as I hastily hung up the phone.

For a moment, I stared at my device as the screen went black.

Then I started crying.

"I'm a disgrace..." I whispered through snivles, "I'll never win a gold medal...."

A haughty laugh echoed throughout the bathroom.

I quickly stood up and opened the stall door, wiping my eyes. Standing in front of the sinks was a blonde girl in a puffy yellow cost, white skinny jeans, and a black and white striped shirt.

Chloé Bourgeois.

She huffed, "I'm not suprised it's you bawling in the bathroom Marinette. I am surprised that the audience wasn't crying after watching your performance. It was absolutely horrific!" Chloé said with a laugh.

"My skating isn't horrific Chloé...." I mumbled.

Chloé Bourgeois was another skater from France. We used to go to the same skating rink, where she constantly bullied me. But then her father, Mayor of Paris, made sure she got noticed by the greatest ice skating coach of all time, Gabriel Agreste. So now she goes to a much more grand rink to train.

Chloé slammed her hand against the door of the bathroom stall, blocking my exit.

"Listen to me, moron. I'm tired of seeing your face at every competition. I'm going to be rising through the ranks and I will not have you embarrassing my city. You should just retire and go back to that hovel you call a bakery."

With a hairflip, she removed her arm and adjusted her coat, then  strutted out of the bathroom.

-----

"I'm so sorry Master Fu. I shouldn't have tried to fit in that quad, I could have gotten a better score-"

"It's not a problem, Marinette," My coach, Master Fu, said as we walked towards the exit of the stadium, "Back in my day coming in any place was an honor."

"But I only got 6th because there were only 6 competitors-"

"And you gained experience." He said wisely.

I mumbled to myself and pulled my pink scarf closer to my mouth, but I looked up when I saw cameras flash. I turned and saw Chloé Bourgeois strutting down the hallway, on the arm of the gold medalist in our division, Adrian Agreste.

Oh my god. Adrien Agreste.

He was a tall boy with messy blond hair, wearing a white jacket and a black striped t-shirt with blue jeans. He covered his eyes from the flashing lights of paparazzi. He smiled and waved. As he passed by, I could here him say to Chloé,

"Chloé, your spin sequence could use a little tweaking, I could help you later if you want-"

"Hey I still got silver so who cares Adri-kins?" Chloé replied while posing for the cameras.