The First of Many (Chapter 4)

I awake to the view of a sunrise above the ocean. All of the most beautiful warm colors are included. Red, orange, yellow, but they're not just those colors. It's a different version of them, the kind you see once every few years. Or maybe for me, it'll be everyday. The view reflects into the water, giving me a more distorted version. It's amazing.

My head's barely peaking out of the covers. I take in the view for as long as it lasts, which seems like hours. But it's probably just been minutes. Why didn't Kian tell me that the house was this perfect? Why'd he say it was an apartment? It's clearly not. I lower my covers a bit and then reposition my body to face Kian.

I notice the veins in his eyelids and a couple of blonde eyelashes on his right eye. They're fluttering a bit as he dreams about something. I wonder if he's dreaming about me, but it's okay if he isn't. I'm in love with this boy. All of him. His imperfect skin. His jawline. How he can make me feel better by just saying one simple sentence.

Suddenly, I see his mouth open in a big yawn. Then he stretches out his arms as he awakens. I pull the covers back over my head before he realizes I was staring at his face. Kian also pulls the covers over his head though. His face is darker under the white comforter and I can feel the heat coming from his skin.

"I saw that.", he smirks. He laughs and so do I although I'm a bit embarrassed.

"What are you gonna do about it Lawley?" I stick out my tongue, in an effort to tease him.

"This!" He says loudly. Just then, my body is being consumed by Kian. He's holding me down and giving me small, harsh kisses all over my arms, neck and face. I'm giggling because they tickle so much. And because I'm so comfortable right here, right now. Even when I shouldn't be, since Kian is tickling me to death with his lips.

"Kian!", I yell. "Kian, this tickles!", I'm letting him know through the giggles.

It's very hot under the thick blankets but I don't mind much. My plain baby blue tank top is rising up and my belly is showing now. Kian is still on top of me when he stops with his tiny kisses and ends with a bigger, more tender kiss on my lips.

"Did that tickle?", he quietly asks me. His lips have barely left mine and I can feel the warmth of his breath on my skin. I don't want this moment to end.

I bite his upper lip and pull him into a more passionate kiss. Not soft at all. Everything comes into my mind now, how school's finally over, how my father is finally over. Everything has ended. But in all honesty, everything has only just begun. A new house. A new city. A new life. And it's going to be better.

We are still going at it. He's now pushing my long hair out of my face, in back of my ears. My hands are on his shirtless shoulders. And I feel the subtle lines of his collarbones. I trace my hands down to his lower back, feeling the ridges of his spine along the way. Knowing the journey there from memory.

"I love you.", I whisper to Kian when he takes a moment to breathe. He kisses me harder. "But babe," I continue, "I'm hungry."

I see his face, he's smiling still. "Can't we lay here for a little bit longer?", Kian asks me.

I give into his signature smile and he lays down next to me. I put my head on his chest, then hear my stomach growling. I realize I haven't eaten since I last had that taco on the way to San Diego yesterday.

Kian looks down at me and I assume he heard my stomach too. "Well I didn't know it was that serious!" He notes with both sarcasm and enthusiasm. He's wide eyed and I'm laughing at how weird he can be. He gets up from the bed and I guess that he's going to get me something from the fridge. But instead, he grabs my waist and flips me over his shoulders and runs into the living room.

He plops me down on the couch. It's so soft and it looks so new. I wonder how long he's had it. Kian is standing directly in front of me. I'm at eye level with his stomach but I try to make eye contact with him.

"What would you like to eat my love?", he asks me with his brown eyes focusing on mine.

"Whatever we have in the fridge." I reply sweetly.

He bites his lip and looks into the distance. Then he glances back at me and his mouth is slightly open. "Well we might have a problem then. There's no food in the fridge yet." I smile at him and we both laugh together. I love how he can make me so happy.

"Stay here!" He almost shouts and runs away. I stare out the glass wall and watch the waves roll in and out. It's truly beautiful.

A couple of minutes later, Kian runs back into the room with a lump of clothes. He throws some onto my lap. "Put them on." He demands in a not-so-mean way.

"Okay." I laugh out. Kian bends down and kisses me on the cheek while leaving to the bedroom again.

________________

We sit down at a table outside of the cafe. The view is of greenish waves crashing against the shore on the beach. I still can't believe that we are actually here. That we've made it this far. The air smells of salt and seaweed. And the sky is an off blue today. Kian said that it gets foggy by the beach sometimes.

I ordered a vanilla latte and Kian ordered a complicated caffeinated drink. We are sharing a box of donuts, which are all different colors with different toppings.

"I can't believe this place is still here.", Kian says in amazement while taking a long sip from his cup. "My parents and I used to come down here when I was a little kid. They've always had these donuts that have bright colored frosting on them. As a kid, it was like heaven." He laughs at the thought of this memory. He's so cute.

"Hey Kian?", I ask him. "Why'd you tell me the house was an apartment?"

He grabs a green donut with fruit loops on it and bites into it. "I'm just keeping you on your toes darling."

After flashing me an evil smile, he leans over the little metal table and kisses me on the cheek. "I love you Ally."

I love him too, even if he does keep me on my toes.