xviii.

It was raining outside and I was sitting in, watching variety shows.

"Ji-eun, you should go out." My mom came in and turned off the tv, standing in front of it, her arms crossed.

"Mom, seriously? It's raining outside. Where am I supposed to go?" I asked, sitting up.

"I don't know, the library? Or how about the mall? You need new books, don't you?" She asked. I sighed.

"Mom, please it's raining. I don't want to walk in the rain and get all cold and wet." I complained.

"I'll drive you. Come on, let's go." She said, walking out of the room and to the kitchen where she had her keys. I sighed and stood up, grabbing my jacket and putting on some shoes.

Once we were in the car and driving away, she started asking questions.

"So, how is Hope?"

"I don't know mom."

"Why? Haven't you two been talking lately?"

"No we haven't."

"Why not?"

"It's complicated mom." I sighed, shaking my head at her constant questions.

"Well, I hope he's okay. Do you have money?" She asked. I shook my head.

"Since I don't have money, you want to turn back?" I asked, smiling. She smiled and patted my leg.

"You're funny. I'll give you some money when we get there." She said. I sighed again and nodded. There was a little bit of silence before she started up with questions again.

"So what is he getting you for your birthday?"

"Mom. We haven't been talking . I don't know. And even if we were talking he wouldn't tell me. He's good at keeping secrets like that."

"Well, I remember how much you two love spending your birthdays together."

"Yeah, me too." I mumbled sadly, looking out the window.

"And why haven't you two been talking?" She asked again.

"Take a turn here mom, I'll walk the rest of the distance. There's a shoe shop I want to visit." I said quickly, getting her to pull over. She took out her wallet and handed me her debit card.

"Huh?" I asked, confused.

"Treat yourself to some stuff. Not a lot!" She smiled.

"Wow, wait really? Thanks mom!" I smiled, hugging her.

"It's okay, now go!" She hurried me out of the car. She waited for me to get in the store before driving away. I looked ahead, and sure enough my favorite shoe store.

"Hi Jiji!" I heard someone call. I turned.

"Danbi!" I smiled, running up to her and hugging her.

"It's been so long! I haven't seen you in forever!" She yelled. I giggled and hugged her again.

"I know! I don't come here as often as I used to." I smiled. She looked over my shoulder and behind me.

"Where's Hope? He's always with you." She asked, looking around to see if she missed him. My smile instantly wavered and I shook my head softly.

"He's not here. We haven't been exactly talking." I mumbled.

"My lunch is in 5 minutes, stick around and we can go out to eat." She smiled. I nodded and she went off to the cashier to have a customer pay.

I was looking around at some shoes and instantly my eyes fell upon Some sneakers that Hope had. But they were in girl sizes. I found my size and tried it on. I smiled softly remembering him buying his Pair Of these shoes.

"You're sure you don't want some to match with mine? We could be matching!" He asked, smiling.

"Yeah I'm sure. I'll buy these instead." I smiled down at my box where there were some heels.

"When do you ever wear heels Jiji?" He asked, crossing his arms over his chest.

"That's why! I want to start wearing them more. Like for special occasions and stuff." I smiled then pouting at him.

"Okay, but you have to promise to come back for some for yourself later on." He pestered.

"Okay, okay." I smiled.

"Hey, ready to go?" Danbi asked. I was brought back to my senses and nodded hastily.

"First, I want to buy these shoes." I said.

"I already clocked out for lunch. I'll put them in the back for you and when we come back, you can pay for them." She took the box from my hand and ran to the back of the store, emerging after a few minutes with her coat and purse.

"Where do you want to eat?" I asked.

"Anywhere is fine by me."

"I want black bean noodles. I've been craving them for a while. Let's go." I smiled, walking out with her into the slightly chilly street.

Vitriolic || Jung Hoseokजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें