Asking Permission (part 2/final part)

(Being edited)

* Nick's POV*

Nervously, I walked up the stone steps to the bright red door of Judy's old home. Becoming nervous, I checked my tie before knocking on the door. Almost immediately the door was opened by a little bunny. "FOX!"

Well, that didn't go as planned. Before I could even say a word the door was slammed in my face. I perked my ears up a little as I tried to listen to the conversation inside the door.

"Who was that Elsie?"

"There was a fox at the door mommy."

"Did you ask who he was?"

"No."

"So you just shut the door in his face?"

"Yes."

Mrs. Hopps sighed as opened the door for me. "I'm sorry Nick, the little ones are still getting used to you. We have had our old ways for so long that change is hard. Luckily I convinced Stue, but now I just have to convince all the little ones." I nodded, "No worries Mrs. Hopps." She rolled her eyes and hugged me, "Nonsense with the Mrs. Hopps. Call me Bonnie." Her smile was undeniably true as she hugged my. I gently bent down and hugged her back.

One thing was for sure, there was nothing that could beat a bunny hug. "Stue," yelled Mrs. Hopps as we separated. Without warning Mr. Hopps came running down the stairs, tripping on a toy car on his way down. My eyes widened as Mr. Hopps went falling down the stairs. "Oof oof oof oof," he huffed as he fell down the steps. Reacting quickly, I ran over and caught him right before he hit the red wood flood. He sighed gratefully, "Thank you Nick."

Mr. Hopps patted my head, "Thanks pal." I nodded and lowered him to his feat. "I thought the little ones started a bonfire again." The thought of little bunnies was quite amusing, and I couldn't help but laugh. "What brings you over Nick? Not that you have to have a reason to come, we love having you. Wait no, we didn't have you. Your mom had..." Bonnie gave him a look and stomped her foot. "Stue stop talking." He nodded, "Sorry Bon."

"Actually Mr and Mrs Hopps, I came to discuss an important matter." I looked down to my leg to see a little bunny clinging to it. "Hi Lilly," I said playfully. She smiled and looked up on me, her little ears falling to her sides. "Wewcome Bwack Niwck."

The fur on her cheeks turned a blush pink, and it was evident that she was excited to see me. "Can we pay Dowwies?" I shook my head, "I'm sorry Lilly, but I have an important matter to attend to. Maybe Judy and I will stop by soon to see you." She smiled and separated from my leg, holding her arms out to me. Knowing that she was requesting a hug, I looped my arms around her. She squealed and nuzzled me. "Bwye Niwck," she said as she returned my hug. Lilly turned and pointed to her dad, "Bwye Niwce." Mr. Hopps rolled his eyes playfully, "Fine..." Mrs.Hopps waived with her left hand, the other around herself.

From the first day I met Judy's siblings, they all loved me. Well, not at first. It took quite a bit of explaining to get them to trust me along with Judy and Mr. Hopps running around disarming the little ones of things they could use to hurt me. I remember Lilly specifically because she started sacking me with a wooden spoon. When I didn't respond she set her dolly down and took her steeping bowl helmet off her head. She seemed so confused, and I knew exactly why, none of the stories she had been told about foxes were true.

Lilly loved me now and almost never left my side when ever I was over. Judy thought it was adorable, but I just thought it was exhausting carrying a miniature Judy around on my leg.

"Alright Nick, let's get to talking," said a snickering Mr. Hopps. I nodded and made my way through the rooms, following behind them. The two of them lead me to a fairly large sitting room with three couches and two arm chairs. Mister and Misses Hopps seated themselves on the arm chairs while I sat down on the couch closest to them.

"Well Mister and Misses Hopps, I came to talk to you about your daughter." My heart beat quickened as I became more nervous. "I have loved your daughter for a very long time now, and we have been through a lot together. Judy and I have both edged marriage into our conversations a few times over the past few months now, and we have both decided we like the idea." If I thought that I was nervous before this, I was even more nervous now. "May I have your permission to ask your daughter for her hand in marriage?"

Mrs. Hopps smile winded as she began slapping her husband's arm. "Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes," she cheered. Mr. Hopps smiled and gently set his paw atop hers, kindly implying for her to calm down.

"As your friend, I say yes. But as Judy's father, I say that you have made my daughter happy and for that you have made me happy. I give you permission on one condition." I nodded excitedly, my nerves disappearing as Mr. Hopps continued his condition. "As long as you continue to make her happy."

"I promise to sir."

(A/N: Hello Everyone, I am so sorry that I have not been writing lately. As I mentioned in a previous chapter, my grandfather passed away. I thought I had gone through enough loss this year, but I was wrong. Sadly, my mother passed away due to cancer on November thirtieth. The past few weeks have been very hard for me, and my mother's funeral was on December tenth. In other words, just a few days ago. Writing has been in the back of my mind lately, and I have honestly been concentrated on just getting through every day. I was originally planning to have this chapter up and edited before now, but life does not always go the way we want it to. I have missed three days of private school and I am very behind. I have an exam, eight tests, and five quizzes to make up. I promise that I will try with everything in me to write something this weekend, but definitely not this week as I have exams. Please hug your mamas really tight for me this holiday season. Tomorrow is not guaranteed for anyone, so treat every person as though it is the last time you will see them and live every day as though it is your last. I love you all, and I hope that you have a wonderful week.)