Your Kit?

(A/N: This chapter takes place about four years after the previous chapter at  one of Nick's family gatherings. Thank you for reading, and I hope that you enjoy!)

Judy looked into the eyes of the little fox and bunny hybrid kit in her arms. "I'm definitely going to have a talk with Daddy about leaving me alone at HIS family reunion to spend with his fox brothers Without me." Judy nuzzled the little kit," Yes I am.... yes I am!" The kit giggled playfully at his mother's cheerful attitude, feeding off of her optimism though he could not understand her sarcastic words. Judy looked up from her little one to see a group of elderly foxes stairing at her. She smiled kindly, knowing that she probably looked out of place.

One of the foxes smiled back to her, causing the rest of her party to follow. Knowing that they were probably having a conversation about her, she continued to embrace the fact she could do nothing to stop them. "Looks like it's just gonna be you and me," she said sweetly to the kit who had no trapped onto one of her ears. She shook her head and used her free paw to take her ear out of the little kit's paw, allowing it to perk up along with the other. 

Sighing, Judy looked up and began looking around for Nick. The house the gathering was taking place in was large, but definitely not gigantic. She knew it would not be hard to track him down. Finally she spotted him sitting at a table with a bunch of other male foxes that looked to be older than him.

Before she could make her way over to her husband though, she was forced to remain in her spot by a little interruption. Making a brave decision, one of the elderly foxes stood from her place on one of the many chairs set up around a large dining table and began to hobble over to Judy. She beckoned for a few of her friends to join. With smiles they quickly, or well as quickly as they could, began to make their way over.

"Now isn't that sweet? I'm so happy that you sweet bunnies are baby sitting other species now adays. You are just natural born mothers," cooed the first fox to have risen. The elderly fox wrigled her fingers above the little pup as she finally made her way to directly in front of Judy. The kit laughed at her actions cheerfully, finding the elderly fox's playfulness humorous though his mother did not familiarize. One thing was for sure though, Judy was more than happy he wasn't being shy.

Judy looked up as the two other elderly female foxes came to stand beside the original. " I would have killed to have a baby sitter like one of you in my younger years, you have done so well with him! He has been so well behaved this entire time, I don't think I've heard him cry or howl once!"

The two elderly foxes beside her laughed at her the remark. "I think I would have paid extra just to get a few minutes to myself. James was always bugging me to play with him," said a fox with graying red fur. "Michael would not let go of my muzzle," countered another. "Oh I remember that, it was the first time that any of us could actually get a word in," countered the fox that had approached Judy first. The gray fox that had made the comment about her son, Michael, growled before she was elbowed gently by the red fox beside her. "Oh calm down, Diane, she's just joking with you!" "Oh look at him, he has such a beautiful little set of teeth! I bet his mother has a difficult time controlling those!" 

Judy smiled politely as she responded to the elderly fox's statement. "Actually, this is my kit. If I'm being completely honest, his teeth are a bit of a burden sometimes, but I have found that teething toys are Heaven's little gift to us." Judy had heard similar comments many times about her hybrid kit, but every time she heard them a little part of her heart broke before she would put on a brave face and admit in a light-hearted manner that the kit was indeed her own. Judy knew she didn't look like her kit, but that didn't change the fact she loved him more than words could say.