Asking Permission (part 1)

(A/N: I'm back! Oh my goodness, I have missed you all so much! My school just got out for Thanksgiving break, so I decided to write. Let me know in the comments if you are excited to read some more Nick and Judy fluff! This chapter takes place before Partners For Life, so make sure to go read that chapter first. The time of the chapter is three weeks before the official asking date. )

(Warning: Unedited)
*Nick's POV*

My heartbeat pounded loudly inside my chest, a small sigh of worry escaped my lips. I had desperately been trying to calm myself during the car ride, but I guess I was just doomed to be nervous the whole time. Luckily this didn't affect my driving, all it affected was the fact I was constantly switching the temperature and turning the music on and off. This was going to be a long car ride to Bunny Burrow.

"Three weeks until I ask," I said aloud to myself. Judy and I had been dating for a year and a half. We had passed the new couple stage and were definitely starting to get serious. We had both edged marriage into our conversations once or twice over the past few weeks, and Judy seemed to get really excited when ever we talked about it. Marriage was something that never really seemed to seem be something I wanted to get into until I met Judy. After the first few moths of knowing each other, I knew there was a connection between us that I had never felt before.

Straightening my tie, I began rehearsing my lines as I drove. "Hello Mister and Misses Hopps," I confidently. "Oh Nick, what brings you here today," I mimicked in an over exaggerated feminine tone. "Well to be honest Ma'am, I came to ask for your daughter's hand. I know that you both were very opposed to us being together at first but Judy and I really love each other."

After rehearsing I looked at the time. I only had twenty minutes until I got there, I better do something to try and ease my nerves or I might pass out half way through asking. Just as I was about to change the radio station again for about the twentieth time this car ride, a familiar face popped onto my phone. Smiling, I answered the phone and placed it in the phone holder attached to my dashboard. "Hey Nick," called Judy. "Hey," I said. I could practically hear her smiling on the other line by the tone she had. "So... guess what," Judy said playfully. "What," I asked. She squealed excitedly, "I requested the date off in three weeks and they approved."

Suddenly having the answer to that question, things became a little more real. The date was set, now all I needed to do was ask her parents and get the ring. "That's great," I said trying not to sound worried out of my mind. "I'm so excited to finally have a date night where we don't have work all the time with you. Every time I get an off day, I usually sleep the whole time. Then if I ever get out it's always to go get food or go on a really short coffee date with you. I'm always too tired to get ready."

"Wait, you have to get ready? I thought you were always that beautiful." Judy scoffed on the other end of the line. "Thank you for the compliment, but I know you like it when I get ready." My tail wagged at the thought of her in the dress I loved on her. It was a light purple with small white flowers dotting the fabric in a flowery vine like pattern.

"Where are you driving to," she asked after probably hearing a few car noises. "I'm just going to get some groceries," I lied. "Do you want to go get coffee later," she asked. I sighed, knowing I needed to start looking at rings if her parents approved. But on the other paw, Judy was way more important. I would just have to make time in my schedule to go look at rings another time. "Sure," I said happily. Judy giggled," What time?" I shrugged to myself and answered," How is five thirty?" "Perfect," said Judy happily.

My eyes widened as I pulled into bunny burrow. Well this car ride went surprisingly fast. "I have to go now," I said. If it was up to me this phone call would never end, but there was another part of me that knew this had to happen. "Alright Nick, I love you." I smiled at Judy's words. "I love you too."

I took my phone off the stand and placed it in my right hand pocket. With a gulp I opened the car door and stepped in front of Judy's old house. As I shut the door, my tail began to wag a little.

This was the start of it all, this was the start of Judy and I's future.