Put the "I" in "I Love You" Part 2

Start from the beginning

"It's me,"

You laughed and in one fluid motion sprung forward and wrapped your arms around your lover. Nothing mattered in that moment. It didn't matter that he'd ignored you, it didn't matter that he'd been away, it didn't matter that Sarah didn't think he was coming back because he was there.

He was back.

"(Y/N)? What is all that noise? Who's at the door?"

Speak of the devil.

Grinning from ear to ear, you let your arms trail down to Newt's shoulders (who was smiling just as broadly and holding your hips).

"This is Newt, Sarah." You told her. "He's back!"

Sarah's eyes flickered between you and Newt, standing in the doorway. All was quiet, as if you were waiting for validation from her or something. You didn't know why you didn't cast her from your apartment for ever telling you Newt had deserted you.

Then she began to laugh. It was a cruel laugh. She was mocking you, making fun of the happiness that had walked into your life.

"Oh, I'm sorry, (Y/N), but you're dumber than a rock!" She howled. You blinked, your eyebrows creeping together in confusion.

"Excuse me?" You blanched.

"You heard me! You are absolutely clueless!" She cackled.

Your hands slid off Newt's torso.

"Could Sarah and I have a moment alone please, Newt?" You asked, your voice icy cold. You didn't take your eyes off Sarah.

"Of course." Newt replied. He seemed just as angry (if not more) at Sarah as you did. He pecked your head and walked inside your apartment, opening his suitcase and descending down into his world of creatures.

It was silent as the last thumps of Newt's footsteps faded in his case. You stared at Sarah as she wiped tears from her eyes, your arms crossed and a dangerous expression on your face.

"Explain to me, Sarah, why you find this situation so entertaining?" You hissed.

Sarah laughed and shook her head. "You're being such a fool, (Y/N), and you don't even realize it!"

"What are you taking about?!" You cried, flinging your arms out in frustration. "You just spent that past six months telling me that Newt was never going to come back to me and now he is! Aren't you happy for me?!"

"He's not back for you!" Sarah shouted. She walked closer to you, pointing a finger at you accusingly. "He's playing you. I'm sure the only reason he's back here is because he ran out of money, or he needs a place to stay, or the women in Russia or wherever he was weren't his taste!"

"Weren't his taste!" You sputtered. "Are you implying he's-"

"You know exactly what I'm implying," Sarah lifted her chin.

You gaped at her. She was wrong, you knew it. You'd come to realize that the only reason she was your friend was because she was using you, not Newt. Her own life was so boring that she fed off the troubles of yours.

You turned your back to Sarah. "Now I know you're wrong." You stated cooly. "Newt and I were together for over a year. And that may not seem like a long time to you, but I've know him for longer. He's a kind, selfless, brave man, and he isn't the kind of person to break promises."

Sarah scoffed, but didn't say anything.

"You've crossed a line, Sarah. I want you to leave."

She scoffed again. "I'm not leaving you here with that pig."

"He's not a pig! He's a better person than you could ever hope to be!" You roared.

"HE DOESN'T LOVE YOU!" Sarah screamed.

Is it was dangerously quiet in your apartment. You were quivering in anger. You had your arms wrapped around you so tightly you thought they might fall off.

A creak came from the floor. You looked over to where the case was sitting on your rug. The latches had come undone and slowly, so cautiously it almost wasn't happening, Newt opened the suitcase and poked his head out.

"Yes, I do," he said.

"Yes I do what?" Sarah spat.

"I love her." Newt declared. Your chest filled with warmth and you smiled at Newt, feeling all the anger from your fight drain out of your body.

"Prove it!" Sarah raised her eyebrows.

Newt looked at you. "You thought I wasn't going to come back," he said softly. You nodded sadly. Newt ducked his head, guilt etched on his face. He stepped the rest of the way out of the suitcase and slowly walked over to you. He never took his eyes off yours and the shy grin never left his face as he walked over to you. Your legs became all wobbly and your heart thumped like a jack rabbit.

"I love (Y/N) because she loves me," Newt murmured, taking your hand. "I don't need to prove it to you."

You smiled at Newt.

"Get out of my house," you smiled threateningly at Sarah.

There was no resistance from Sarah. Just a pop as she disapparated.

You and Newt were alone.

You put your free hand on Newt's shoulder and placed your head on his chest. Newt put his chin on your scalp and rubbed your back comfortingly.

"I do love you. I meant it," Newt whispered in your ear.

"Silly Scamander," you laughed, using your nickname for him. "I know.

And I love you too."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Shout out to stary_chan for giving me this idea! I don't know if you read this but that one line in your Newt x reader book inspired me to do this.

I'm actually really proud of this (despite how sucky the beginning is). I'm so grateful for all of the wonderful comments I've received (even if it's just you guys screaming in pain on the more feelsy chapters). Seriously. You guys keep me writing.

Anyways, thanks to ObsessedNerdyGeeks for drawing this amazing picture for my chapter!!! I haven't put it up yet but soon it will e here. You're wonderful at drawing hands AND hair and I have complete faith in your drawing skills. Y'all should follow her, she's freakishly creative and a fantastic artist.

Finally, don't forget to vote and comment! I love hearing what you guys think of my writing!

To quote myself, "I'm out."