Case File 21: Surfing For Justice

Start from the beginning

"She could need backup. I'm still her partner, so I'm going whether you like it or not."

"We don't," Fangmeyer protested, "which is why we're coming with you."

"Someone's got a keep an eye on you."

"Alright then. Guess we're going off grid, here."

>>>>>>>FAST FORWARD>>>>>>>

The beach was lively today. Music was playing, booths with games and food were set along the road, and the waves were coming in. There was a surfing contest being held for charity, and many surfers, including a few pros were present and lining up to register. On the side, Judy and Nick were standing by their cruiser.

"Lucky our patrol duty was near here," Judy smiled at Nick.

"Poor Martin," Nick sighed, "he dug his own grave by who knows what."

"I'm sure they'll patch things up. In the meantime, we'll keep an eye out for any suspicious characters."

Nick used binoculars to scan the beach. So far, nothing unusual; just the normal civilians having fun and surfers riding the waves. Just then, he saw a familiar face that wasn't very pleasant to see.

"What the hell is he doing here?"

"Who?" 

Nick offered the binoculars, letting Judy enhanced them to full zoom. Right behind those lenses, the bunny saw the weasel and his worn out stand of souvenirs.

"Why that--"

"Oh no~."

Both Nick and Judy turned to see Sapphire looking at the weasel.

"I didn't think the info would be true, but there he is."

"Sapphire?"

"Oh...Nick, Judy. Um...what are you doing here?"

"On patrol," Nick implied, "didn't expect to see you."

"Likewise. Anyway, I see you saw Duke over there."

"You spying on him?"

"Sort of. The case is telling me that Duke is supplying catnip and some illegal drugs for drug dealers to get a quick buck. The problem is, some of them are the contestants for the surfing contest."

"So you have to enter to get a closer look."

"Yup. Besides, if Martin knew about this, he would be skeptical."

"Speaking of Martin," Nick began, "what are you two fighting about?"

"If I told you, it wouldn't be a secret anymore."

"True that," Nick shrugged.

"Well, if its troubling you, then we can talk if you want," Judy suggested.

"Thanks but I'll be fine. See ya." 

She left  them. Judy sighed in sadness.

"It doesn't feel right they're fighting like this." 

"They're big kids," Nick smirked, "they can work it out themselves. You and I still do that, so its nothing to worry about, right?"

".... I guess," Judy sighed again, earning a chuckle from the fox.

>>>>>>>>>>Fast Forward>>>>>>>>>>